Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Decision made.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Decision made.
    Posted: 07 Sep 2013 at 1:58pm
Just recieved this Email from cic. should this be seen as a good sign?

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Vancouver will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status.
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee of $490.00 is required before you can become a
permanent resident in Canada. To date this fee has not been paid and the confirmation
of permanent residence document will not be issued until payment is made. Please be
prepared to submit the total fee of $490.00. Fees can be paid online at www.cic.gc.ca.
You must print a receipt of payment. Fees must be provided to the Immigration Centre in
Vancouver when you are scheduled to obtain your confirmation of permanent residence
document.
Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will
be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration
Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the
confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your
passport or identity documents.
kricketdraladi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kricketdraladi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2013 at 5:50pm
It means ur getting your pr card soon as u pay ur money ..congrats I hope to see my paper soon
JT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2013 at 1:00pm
So...Landing date is set for Sept 30th in Vancouver
JT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 12:25am
Happy days. Landed yesterday, 14 hour round trip drive for a 15 min process...and most of that was the officer cracking jokes and telling me about when he first immigrated lol
NZ2AB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NZ2AB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by JT JT wrote:

Happy days. Landed yesterday, 14 hour round trip drive for a 15 min process...and most of that was the officer cracking jokes and telling me about when he first immigrated lol

Did you get to choose your date/location of landing? How long did it take for your status to be "Decision Made" to receiving your COPR letter?

Thanks!
JT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 10:42am
Vancouver was the only location offered for landing, they said this was because the local smaller offices don't provide a landing service during the winter months. I didn't receive any letters just a phone call to set up the landing date, they gave me a time period to chose from because I'm about 7 hours from Vancouver. It took one month from ECAS reporting a decision made to landing interview, because it was a inland application I received my COPR at the interview. I've seen people on other forums wait up to six months for a landing interview from Vancouver.
NZ2AB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NZ2AB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 12:09pm
Received COPR yesterday afternoon and drove to the nearest border entrance and landed! It's all done, FINALLY!
JT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 6:51pm
Congrats, now you just have to wait 2 months for your PR card and depending on where you are, 3 months for medical coverage.
NZ2AB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NZ2AB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 7:34pm
Yes! The officer said 6-8 weeks for the card, but we went and got health coverage, sin card today! We are in Alberta. 
JT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 8:16pm
I'm in BC so my medical won't be active until January. I have to wait for my PR card to arrive so I can get my sin, should be here in a couple of weeks, luckily I've found an employer that will hire me on the basis that it's on it's way, they'll just bank my pay until I get it, which is fine by me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic