Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - what are my Possibility of getting a study permit
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what are my Possibility of getting a study permit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chocotruffle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what are my Possibility of getting a study permit
    Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 3:34pm
Hi All,

I am a 30 yr old self employed guy from India. I had done my graduation in 2005 and no education since then. Now I want ot enroll for higher studies in Canada, but my consultant tells me that there is a very thin chance that I will get a study permit as there has been a long gap in my education.

I have been an enterprneur and into my own business. Could you please let me know what is the probability of me getting a study permit for Canada considering hte long gap in my education?

Also, if you could suggest some programs in business, which would be relevant to y experience.

Thanks,
Choco.
[email protected] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krista@triumphed.ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 1:28pm
Hi Choco,

This is a very late reply, but I am wondering if you found a program or moved forward with the application? Often, people take breaks to work in between studying because they need to save the financial resources to continue. This is true for Canadian students as well.

That being said, when the visa officer reviews your case they will be considering your intent to study. If you have work experience that is relevant to what you wish to continue your studies in, you may be successful in obtaining the study permit. The issue that may arise is whether you have a genuine intent to study in Canada or if there is the potential for you to remain in Canada after your stay. You will need to convince the official that you have ties to your home country and will not overstay the conditions of your permit.

In the event that you become eligible for Permanent Residency in Canada, you can still apply for this. It is called dual intent, but again, you must be ready and willing to return to your home country once the validity of your study permit expires.
Krista Silverwood
Education and Immigration Consultant
Triumph Education Canada
www.triumphed.ca
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic