Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Got Married within Processing time

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got Married within Processing time
    Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 3:06pm
Hi,

My Immigration file was in processing when I got married. My medical was done on September 2009 and during that time they said, it will take 12 weeks to get the Temporary Residence Visa [TRV]. But during my October 2009 visit to my country, I got married. I forwaded my marriage certificate to Immmigration department and they asked me to submit her Police Clearance Certificate and pictures. I clearly mentioned to them, I don't want to apply for her Immigration at the moment. Now my question is:

Do I still need to submit her Police Clearance Certificate and pictures, even if I don't want to apply for her Immigration at the moment?

Due to her job prospective, I am interested to apply for her Immigration after 4 months once I receive my Immigration. Is it possible and if yes, then how much time it will take to get her Immigration?

Cheers!!!!
PG

rbenoit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbenoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 3:18pm
Even if a spouse is not going with you, you are still required to submit the documents they have requested.
It is nothing more than simple routine to confirm that your spouse has no police record on file and that she doesnt have ties to criminal organizations.
To be able to sponsor your wife for Immigration you would need to have Permanent Residence status.
PG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 3:21pm
Thanks rbenoit...
krisp View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 3:44am
Originally posted by rbenoit rbenoit wrote:

Even if a spouse is not going with you, you are still required to submit the documents they have requested.
It is nothing more than simple routine to confirm that your spouse has no police record on file and that she doesnt have ties to criminal organizations.

To be able to sponsor your wife for Immigration you would need to have Permanent Residence status.

Exact suggestion !
https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Asl8-K_6JIWYdFBxa1ZDZ1dtQmpna2t6UHBvR285clE&output=html
PakCanadian View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PakCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 1:34am
Hello PG,

Even though, your wife is not accompanying you but she still needs to be examined before you can obtain your PR visa. Reason being, if for some medical and or criminality reasons, she becomes inadmissible to Canada that will also render you inadmissible to Canada and you won't get your PR visa.

Bash
airwave808 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airwave808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 6:33pm
I know I am reply a bit late but if you are reading then you should provide them with the documents right away. There are no ifs and buts. Including your spouse on your application won't impact your processing time negatively. In any case, let me know if everything is ok.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic