Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OB 407B and validation of RQ triage criteria

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OB 407B and validation of RQ triage criteria
    Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 7:35pm
Hi,

A little bit of new information on the state of affairs at our beloved Ministry:
  • Revised OB 407B was issued on Nov 16, 2012 (has anyone seen it?)
  • There are lucky 600 cases (a subset of cases that went in process at CPC-S in September 2012) - as they were fast-tracked to decision by Mar 31, 2013 as part of the triage exercise
  • CIC is very aggressive in blacking out everything related to RQ criteria and RQ in general
  • Something was changed for the criterion C1 (previously: renewed documents within 3 months of CIT app submission)
  • St.Clair Citizenship RQ Pilot is mentioned again
http://rapidshare.com/files/2726288595/RQ_triage_2013.pdf

SARABC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SARABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 10:22pm
Thanks for keeping us informed Akella. This is as clear as mud! but what is new… just cic and it's transparency!
Sarah

Edited by SARABC - 13 Aug 2013 at 10:23pm
Applied Feb7th,2012 (Family of 4)
In Process Oct4th,2012
Husband RQ & finger print November 2012
File separated from husband August 2013
Hubby test Oct. 2013
MY test Dec. 2013
Joint oath March 2014

eileen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eileen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 9:31am
Thanks so much for finding and posting these ATIPs Akella. It's really an incredible service to all of us who are concerned about the opacity and mismanagement of the CIC.

Two notes:
- I had seen reports of people evading an RQ despite seemingly qualifying for C1, so it's good to get validation that that trigger has been reworked.

- I have seen posts from people who experienced exceptionally fast RQ processing and who presented their experiences as a blueprint for others to follow, as proof of CIC improvements, or more cynically, as evidence of the CIC's ability to quickly discern the deserving applicants (them) from the undeserving (that would be us). It is helpful to know about programmes such as the "lucky 600" in order to put some of these statistical aberrations in context.
Resources for Future Canadians & their Advocates: http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com
Vancan2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vancan2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 4:25pm
Thank you Akella for sharing this communication.

It looks like OB 407 was modified in November of last year, but published only recently. And the file requirements' checklist that was shared by a forum member earlier is probably way out of date.
Vancouver S03/12 L03/12 IP11/12 RQ 03/13 XFER 03/13 Currently In Process
Glimmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 7:58am
Thank you once again, Akella!

I recall that OB407 was supposed to be subject to review by November 2012 so it is interesting to see that there were some changes made to triage criteria at that time that appear to have reduced the number of RQs issued.  Better late than never, but I have to shake my head at the huge backlog of RQs they created from May to Nov 2012.
Spouse applied January 2012; RQ received May 2012; RQ response sent to Scarboro CIC June 2012; CBSA report sent August 2012; Test passed July 2013; Took Citizenship Oath in October 2013!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic