Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To do with travel time away

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fenceposter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 9:29pm
I mean, you would think that they allow immigration in the first place, precisely for this purpose.  But who am I to pass judgement?  It seems the true test of citizenship is not to go there...
Take it or leaf it...
Fenceposter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fenceposter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 9:45pm
It seems like a nice place to live and all, just saying.
Take it or leaf it...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fenceposter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 10:25pm
Yeah, this topic of mine is a segway at that, as far as my considering citizenship appealing, but methinks the fourth factor should be retroactive to the core value of immigration, after all they are not inviting people to live off the land here, Canadianization at its core, but recruiting them to work for a living, so the fact that this work involves Canadian interests elsewhere should not be the decicive factor (physical presence, as they say).  My immigration to them is primarily for acting in their best interests, no matter where I go.  But I won't really go there under the circumstances.  They are not being fair to themselves in my opinion, and I would have been quite comfortable in the bed of leaves they made.  Oh, Canada! Ying Yang
Take it or leaf it...
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 10:44pm
There are many, many PRs in Canada who are not on track to become citizens. I have two friends who have been living continuously in Canada since landing as PRs over three decades ago, still no plan to seek Canadian citizenship on the horizon.

Especially this current government, which is interested in attracting workers, in building up the workforce numbers in Canada. At best Canadian citizenship is a carrot dangled for some, there to encourage more to come. But the core agenda they have is to get foreign workers into Canada working in Canada (and they mean IN Canada), for however long they can induce them to stay and work in Canada.

This is one aspect of CIC and the Conservatives that is actually very transparent and has been for a long while.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fenceposter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 11:12pm
Well, foreign trade does not take place in Canada (it must be phisically carried out elsewhere).  The two way street goes across the border and back, right?  It is also transparent, as I understand it.  But their line in the sand of citizenship is making it unclear.

Anywho, I was speaking out of turn and misspelling things too. C'est la vie and déjà vu (I should be practicing French, for what it's worth). Ciao.
Take it or leaf it...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic