Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Security check?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrambled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Security check?
    Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 8:25pm
Hi folks,

I've been waiting almost 29 months for my and my husbands citizenship to come through. This is been the most frustrating experience ever!!Ouch

Earlier this year, we obtained our information under the access to information act. It seemed that all was ok and nothing from our end. Called CIC a few times and each time were told we're in queue for the test. Since its close to 29 months, we finally went to our MP 2 weeks ago and his office inquired on the status. Suddenly CIC now says that my husbands security check aren't complete and they cannot proceed until the security reports are received and that CIC has no control over this as they are done by a separate organization. Who the heck is this separate organization?  They also said his application has been forwarded to CIC Scarborough as there is an excessive workload at CIC St. Clair and to check back in October with CIC to see status. That means 32 months we'll have waited!! Angry

Second question, how do I separate my application from his now? We had initially applied as a family but since it is his application that is stuck, I'd like to try to separate our applications.

Thank you!
Received: March 29, 2011 - Processing started: Nov. 2011 - Transferred: Jan 2012 to St. Clair and then July 2013 to Scarborough Town - Test date: Jan 8th 2014
SARABC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SARABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 8:50pm
Hi scrambled,
I have posted this somewhere else but I 'll post it agin here hoping it will help:
I have sent a letter/ fax to request file separation for my self& my two kids. I spoke to a cic agent and he said that you could get a test invite any day between today & January 2015 (which marks the 35th month since sending our application on Feb. 2012) so I decided not to take any chances since I just lost another job opportunity because I am not a Canadian citizen) the agent sent me an e mail about separating applications & here it is :
Sir, Madam, 

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request: 

File Separation or Transfer

To request a file separation or transfer, you must follow these instructions:

• Send a fax/letter to the responsible local office including your:
    • Unique Client Identifier Number (UCI);
    • file ID number;
    • name;
    • address;
    • telephone number; and
    • the reason why the application should be processed separately/elsewhere.

The local office will evaluate your request and make a final decision. Please note that there is no guarantee that the file will be separated/transferred. 

All the best,

Sarah

Applied Feb7th,2012 (Family of 4)
In Process Oct4th,2012
Husband RQ & finger print November 2012
File separated from husband August 2013
Hubby test Oct. 2013
MY test Dec. 2013
Joint oath March 2014

scrambled View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrambled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 8:56pm
Thanks Sarah!
I will send off a letter this week and see where that takes us.....
Received: March 29, 2011 - Processing started: Nov. 2011 - Transferred: Jan 2012 to St. Clair and then July 2013 to Scarborough Town - Test date: Jan 8th 2014
eileen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eileen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by SARABC SARABC wrote:

I decided not to take any chances since I just lost another job opportunity because I am not a Canadian citizen.

Hi SARA, I'm curious if you have inquired about urgent processing? Loss of job opportunity is one stipulated basis to qualify.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=024&t=4

Resources for Future Canadians & their Advocates: http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com
yassine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yassine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by eileen eileen wrote:

I decided not to take any chances since I just lost another job opportunity because I am not a Canadian citizen.

Hi SARA, I'm curious if you have inquired about urgent processing? Loss of job opportunity is one stipulated basis to qualify.

Hi Eileen,

I have pushed my luck with a company that requests job applicants for a career opportunity to be citizens. I tried to let the HR person in the company know that I'm in the process of applying for citizenship, and that the citizenship application could be fast tracked if the company hires me and asks the CIC to fast track my application because the Canadian citizenship is needed for the job. Unfortunately the company replied back saying that they are not willing to do this for me, and they are only interested in hiring current Canadian citizens.

Do you think it would make any difference if I print out the exchange of emails, and send it to the CIC along a cover letter asking for urgent processing of my application because it hurts me career wise to not be a Canadian citizen?

Edited by yassine - 29 Jul 2013 at 10:22pm
SARABC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SARABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 10:23pm

Hi Eileen,
I did mention it in my letter requesting file separation. I also mentioned health matters and supported that with a report so I guess I will just have to wait & see what happens next.
Sarah

In Process Oct4th,2012
Hubby test Oct. 2013
MY test Dec. 2013
Joint oath March 2014

eileen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eileen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by yassine yassine wrote:

Do you think it would make any difference if I print out the exchange of emails, and send it to the CIC along a cover letter asking for urgent processing of my application because it hurts me career wise to not be a Canadian citizen?

I did mention it in my letter requesting file separation. I also mentioned health matters and supported that with a report so I guess I will just have to wait & see what happens next.

Call the Call Centre and please let us know what they tell you.
"If you are living in Canada and have already sent your application and now require urgent processing, contact our Call Centre."
My impression is that the more solid the job opportunity, the better chance you have. I also suspect that it's a longshot for RQ-recipients.
But it's easy to call and check, so there's really no reason not to try.

Edited by eileen - 29 Jul 2013 at 10:30pm
Resources for Future Canadians & their Advocates: http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com
SARABC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SARABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 10:32pm
[QUOTE=eileen] 
"If you are living in Canada and have already sent your application and now require urgent processing, contact our Call Centre."

Honestly Eileen it is kind of useless to call the call centre. they always provide us with generic responses.
Nevertheless, I will do so in two weeks time.
Thanks so much,
Sarah
In Process Oct4th,2012
Hubby test Oct. 2013
MY test Dec. 2013
Joint oath March 2014

eileen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eileen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 11:21pm

Honestly Eileen it is kind of useless to call the call centre. they always provide us with generic responses. Nevertheless, I will do so in two weeks time.

Of course it's up to you, and I'm glad you're willing to check it out. It's probably a longshot, but given the lack of reports on the forums of applicants requesting urgent processing for in-process applications, I don't think it's fair to say that inquiring would be useless. We really don't know. There's no risk in finding out and possibly great benefit.

We have so few options to demand timely processing that I don't want to encourage people reading this to disregard viable options without trying.

Edited by eileen - 29 Jul 2013 at 11:33pm
alaink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alaink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by scrambled scrambled wrote:

Hi folks,

I've been waiting almost 29 months for my and my husbands citizenship to come through. This is been the most frustrating experience ever!!Ouch

Earlier this year, we obtained our information under the access to information act. It seemed that all was ok and nothing from our end. Called CIC a few times and each time were told we're in queue for the test. Since its close to 29 months, we finally went to our MP 2 weeks ago and his office inquired on the status. Suddenly CIC now says that my husbands security check aren't complete and they cannot proceed until the security reports are received and that CIC has no control over this as they are done by a separate organization. Who the heck is this separate organization?  They also said his application has been forwarded to CIC Scarborough as there is an excessive workload at CIC St. Clair and to check back in October with CIC to see status. That means 32 months we'll have waited!! Angry

https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13341&title=csis-clearance

check the above to see that I came across the same thing as you, for some applicants ( I tend to believe that these are from a certain racial/religious background) there seems to have been an additional step added to the whole citizenship process about some sort of security check.

My application is on hold for security reasons too, Just out of curiosity what country was your husband born in?

Edited by alaink - 30 Jul 2013 at 12:06am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic