Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Urgent Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john_10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Urgent Question
    Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 10:12pm
Hi,

I have a quick question, is this picture the right online fee receipt that i need to submit with the application after i write my info?  i am not sure if i did it correctly and i don't wanna delay the application for this....
i researched online and found a different format for cic receipts and i am not sure if it was for PR or citizenship or something else.
 can you please let me know? http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/259/agfm.jpg/

i remember a while ago i could attach files but maybe in a different forum
john_10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john_10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 10:17pm
here is what is getting me confused, i have no bottom portion (copy2)
here is their link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp#pay-fee
=======

Instructions

Follow these step-by-step instructions to pay using the Internet.

1. Go to Pay my fees online at the CIC website.
  2. Follow the on-line instructions.
    • At the end, click on the button to print the CIC official receipt with barcode.

Note. Do not exit without printing the receipt!

3. Fill in the Payer Information Section by hand.
  4. Attach the bottom portion (copy 2) of this receipt to your completed application.

Proof of payment

The receipt printed off of the Internet in step 2 of the instructions above will serve as your proof of payment.

Edited by john_10 - 04 Jul 2013 at 10:18pm
john_10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john_10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 10:10am
Anyone Guys? please
dnspk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnspk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 10:19am
Hi John,
It might be a browser issue. Try with different browsers.
Let us know how it goes.
Cheers.
Applied : August 7 2012

Letter Sent : August 7 2012

In Process : March 13 2013

File T'ferred: August 20 2013
Test : July 29,2014
Local Office : Edmonton
john_10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john_10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 10:28am
you mean pay twice?
dnspk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnspk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 10:31am
Sorry, my bad. Is the one in the picture yours? If yes, you should be ok with filling the info. Just keep a copy of it with you for your record.
Good luck.
Applied : August 7 2012

Letter Sent : August 7 2012

In Process : March 13 2013

File T'ferred: August 20 2013
Test : July 29,2014
Local Office : Edmonton
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 3:08pm
It was a bit confusing for me too.

But then I got the email with the receipt attached and that pdf document was exactly the same as the one displayed online, so I shrugged -- I had already printed the one that was in my browser, printed it twice actually, and as dnspk says, I filled out the blanks with my personal information and that is what I included with my application.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
Vancan2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vancan2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by dpenabill dpenabill wrote:

It was a bit confusing for me too.

But then I got the email with the receipt attached and that pdf document was exactly the same as the one displayed online, so I shrugged -- I had already printed the one that was in my browser, printed it twice actually, and as dnspk says, I filled out the blanks with my personal information and that is what I included with my application.

Mind sharing your timeline, dpenabill? It seems you have finally made a decision to join the masses.
Vancouver S03/12 L03/12 IP11/12 RQ 03/13 XFER 03/13 Currently In Process
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 5:11pm
Let me just say that yes, my application has been sent (by courier), but no indication it is in process as yet.

Over 1400 days of actual physical presence in my residency calculation, but actually I would have had the same number of days of actual physical presence if I had applied any time in the previous six months as well (having waited until more than four years after landing to apply). Just never got the actual application filled out to send in. (Yes, I am the procrastinating sort.)

It is almost two years since I was first qualified for citizenship, and could have applied with more than 1095 days of actual physical presence. Obviously I am not among those in a big hurry -- I look forward to the day I take the oath, very much so, Canada is my home now; but the timeline is not a pressing issue for me, not nearly so much as I recognize it is for many others.

Due to self-employment I am expecting RQ, so I could be in this mix for a long while to come.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic