Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR Renewal - Status Message

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pretestRQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PR Renewal - Status Message
    Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 1:39pm
Dear Gurus,

My PR renewal application is approved and I see below status message

Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on June XX, 2013, and will be issued shortly. Although the majority of permanent resident cards are mailed directly to applicants, it is possible that a card be sent to a CIC office as part of the quality assurance program. If this is your case, you will receive a notice asking you to pick up your card at the CIC office nearest you.

I haven't see the above message in any forums before... When I checked last week the status message was different. It was something like below which is common message on all the forums.

"Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on June XX, 2013. You will be notified within 2 to 4 weeks regarding the pickup.

I have met all the residency criteria etc. I am worried because, I have applied for Citizenship and got a pre-test RQ + Fingerprint. 

Regards,
Spellbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spellbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 6:29pm
No need to worry - I have the same standard message. I also got RQ (no fingerprints though). It does not really matter whether it will be mailed to me or I will have to pick it up.  I would actually prefer to pick it up as I noticed that some letters and magazines are lost by Canada Post. 
pretestRQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pretestRQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 12:23am
Thanks Spellbound
pretestRQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pretestRQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 3:29pm
I got my renewed PR card by mail. One less thing to worry now :-) .

Just an FYI if you are curious ...

Initially the status was "Decision Made" with below message, at that point it was not clear if I will get the card by mail or a letter to pick the card. Later the status changed to "Complete" with the same message, I received the card in 3 days after the status changed to "Complete" .

Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on Month XX, YYYY, and will be issued shortly. Although the majority of permanent resident cards are mailed directly to applicants, it is possible that a card be sent to a CIC office as part of the quality assurance program. If this is your case, you will receive a notice asking you to pick up your card at the CIC office nearest you.

dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 11:46pm
Thank you pretestRQ for updating us with this information. There has been a bit of confusion about the messages PRs get when applying for a renewed PR card and your clear explanation helps clarify things.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
pretestRQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pretestRQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2013 at 2:08pm
You're welcome :-)

Also, I forgot to mention in the above post that it took 30 calendar days to change the status from "Decision Made" to "Complete".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic