Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

In-Canada sponsorship and moving overseas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fnarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In-Canada sponsorship and moving overseas
    Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 11:45am
I am Canadian and am sponsoring my wife for PR from within Canada. My sponsorship application has been approved and we are waiting to hear about my wife's PR. However I need to move to overseas for 2 years for work and my wife is going to accompany me. We intend to return to Canada after the 2 years but my question is, do we have to cancel the application and apply again for PR for my wife from outside Canada? Or can my wife get PR even after we move out of the country?
computergeek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote computergeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 9:21pm
It is a statutory requirement of the spouse/partner-in-Canada application class that the applicant be living inside Canada with the spouse or partner.

Thus, at this point your only option would be to withdraw your application and reapply at a later time when you plan on returning to Canada.

FSW applied 6/09, denied (med inadmissible) 12/11. JR leave granted 7/12, discontinued 9/12. Spousal app PPR 9/12. Landed 13 October 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic