Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Landing Time After PR Visa is issued

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Landing Time After PR Visa is issued
    Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 2:07pm
Hi,

Does any body know how much time Immigration department provides to land once they issue Permanent Resident Visa?

With in how many days/months we have to be in Canada?

Thanking you in advance for your response.

Best Regards,
PG
Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 2:13pm
My husband picked up his PRV yesterday. They dated it until September 10, 2010, which is about 1 week before his medical expires. Somewhere I read in one of the manuals that generally it should be 6 months, but I'm pretty sure they want you out before your medical expires.
"Knowledge is Power" Sir Francis Bacon 1597
PG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 2:22pm
Thanks alot Mrs. Sam..

One more question for you, if possible.

My medical was done on September 2009, but my wifes medical will be done on Feburary 2010. Now my question is, Which medical exam expiry date should I consider at the moment. My idea is, it should be be my medical exam date. As per my information medical exam expires after one year. Keeping this in mind it seems we will receive landing time before September 2010. What's your opinion?

Cheers!!!!
PG
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 2:44pm
Hi

Originally posted by PG PG wrote:

Thanks alot Mrs. Sam..

One more question for you, if possible.

My medical was done on September 2009, but my wifes medical will be done on Feburary 2010. Now my question is, Which medical exam expiry date should I consider at the moment. My idea is, it should be be my medical exam date. As per my information medical exam expires after one year. Keeping this in mind it seems we will receive landing time before September 2010. What's your opinion?

Cheers!!!!PG

Yours. No guarantee, if the processing takes longer, you will require new medicals.

PMM
MN2712 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MN2712 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 3:54am

GUYS the medical is valid for 9 months from the day you get it done. You have to make your landing within that time frame.

Ideally after medical and submission of passports the visa process will take a max of 3weeks subject to everthing being in order.

I hope this clears your doubt
MN
IslandGirl View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 5:23am
No, it's not

PR expiry date is whichever comes FIRST

1 - on the expiry of the medical - 1 year from the date it is done, IE - if you have a medical done on Dec 3, 2009 - it expires on Dec 3, 2010
OR
2 - the expiry of your passport
OR
3 - 1 year from the date of issue

It's not just some arbitrary date they pick out of a hat
SOMETIMES with an inland applicant they will extend the medical, note I said sometimes, no guarantees

Edit to add - the above (referencing inland) is for family class applicants - forgot which part of the forum I was in

Originally posted by MN2712 MN2712 wrote:

<FONT style=": #f8f8e0">GUYS the medical is valid for 9 months from the day you get it done. You have to make your landing within that time frame.

Ideally after medical and submission of passports the visa process will take a max of 3weeks subject to everthing being in order.

I hope this clears your doubt

Edited by IslandGirl - 03 Dec 2009 at 5:27am
Used to be known here as "feb7" - there's no doubt to my gender this way
My previous profile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic