Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Van 2012 applicants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JskiSco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 6:15pm
Hello

My Timeline is as follows -

May 2012 - Applied / Received Letter
Dec 2012 - In Process
Apr 2013 - Called CIC and told Application Still in Sydney
Jun 2013 - Called CIC and told Application now in Vancouver

Anyone know how long for test when transferred to local office?
Vancan2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vancan2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by 123smike 123smike wrote:

why did you recieve an RQ? did they give you any hint like unemployment, frequent travelling, etc??

No clue. Was unemployed for a short period of time after arrival, average number of trips, relatively. So no, not sure why exactly RQ was imposed. \

I wasn't surprised by the RQ after I saw the file checklist that someone had published a few months ago, that mandates RQ issuance for pretty much anyone who didn't fit the perfectly risk-free profile (which I am sure is so not risk-free).

Lol, knowing my case, I laugh at how RQ cases are being determined and RQs are being issued. I am sure the process is so broken that the ones that are supposed to be caught under it are probably the ones who never get it and the ones that get processed the fastest. I am glad I will very likely be able to vote in the next election, to make sure I do my share to ensure clowns don't get into public office.
Vancouver S03/12 L03/12 IP11/12 RQ 03/13 XFER 03/13 Currently In Process

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vancan2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by JskiSco JskiSco wrote:

Hello

May 2012 - Applied / Received Letter
Dec 2012 - In Process
Apr 2013 - Called CIC and told Application Still in Sydney
Jun 2013 - Called CIC and told Application now in Vancouver

Anyone know how long for test when transferred to local office?

Welcome on board! Assuming you didn't get pre-test RQ (I am sure you would've known by now), your test should be scheduled in the next 4-5 months, according to what I have been seeing. Good luck!
123smike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123smike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 10:12pm
I think it should take 1 month to get the test, once it is at the local office generally in 3 weeks they schedule it 
guitarhero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guitarhero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 12:58pm
After reading through the posts, I decided to call CIC and they told me that my application has been transferred to Vancouver in the last week of May. They also mentioned that it can take up to 8 months to schedule the test and 6 months from test to oath.

Feb 2012 - Applied / Received Letter
Dec 2012 - In Process
May 2013 - Application in Vancouver (END OF MAY)

Cheers!
Sikander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sikander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 1:01pm
Does it show in your online profile that the file has been transferred to Vancouver?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vancan2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 1:29pm
Transfers to local office are no longer shown in eCas. To confirm transfer, the quickest way is to call the call centre and check whether that has happened.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vancan2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by guitarhero guitarhero wrote:

After reading through the posts, I decided to call CIC and they told me that my application has been transferred to Vancouver in the last week of May. They also mentioned that it can take up to 8 months to schedule the test and 6 months from test to oath.

Feb 2012 - Applied / Received Letter
Dec 2012 - In Process
May 2013 - Application in Vancouver (END OF MAY)

Cheers!

That's 15-16 months between initial submission and transfer. What a joke! Most other advanced nations process applications from start to finish in less than a quarter of the time it takes to transfer applications between the central and local offices. 
Sikander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sikander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 2:04pm
My application was received on June 26, 2012 
Acknowledgement on June 26, 2012
Processing started Jan 9, 2013 
Local Transfer - July 25, 2013

Any idea when I should expect my test date?
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Sikander Sikander wrote:

My application was received on June 26, 2012 
Acknowledgement on June 26, 2012
Processing started Jan 9, 2013 
Local Transfer - July 25, 2013

Any idea when I should expect my test date

There are no reliable timelines for specific individuals, so no, not really, no credible expectation beyond probably in the next two to eight months, but perhaps a bit sooner and possibly longer.

All the reported timelines illuminate is what is possible, what could happen, and very little about what will happen in a particular individual's case. That is what underlies the probability of it being in the next two to eight months, perhaps a bit sooner, possibly longer.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic