Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR card Renewal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iwannabecanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 3:18pm
what did PRs use before this PR Card was introduced?  They should let the PRs use that again as official status document.
Victory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 1:44pm
Since it now takes 6 months to renew  PR CARD, mine is supposed to expire mid- march 2011, is it possible to send my renewal request mid- october 2010?Or is it too soon?
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 11:43pm
No, mid-October is not too soon. Sending sooner than October is not too soon.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
Victory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 10:25am
Ok , thank you!
luckystar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luckystar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 12:36am
Hi, guys,
My friend applied the PR card Renewal ( urgent) last week. Today, he checked the e-cas, it shows "Decision Made". But when he clicks it, it further indicates :

"We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 16, 2010.

We started processing your application on August 16, 2010. "

There's no any decision displays, neither approved nor unpproved . Is this normal?
Any idea? please.
Thanks

canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 9:44am
Apply as early as possible (in advance) to ensure you get it renewed in time, even as early as 8-9 months!
CIC does not have issues with that because the processing time is huge anyway
benson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 2:27pm
211 days to renew as per today. This is a disgrace even for a third world country.

I think that apart from the initial issues that brought the processing up from around 80 days, there is now another reason for the delay. I suspect that people, seeing the long time, just gave up the card renewal until they really need it for travel and they have airline tickets. At that point they use the 'urgent' route.

So now as more people use the 'urgent' processing, CIC is having to allocate more and more people to work on urgent applications, and thus cannot keep up with the normal queue. This is a terrible mismanagement.

I helped a friend apply three months ago. The card will expire soon and nothing is moving. She will have to use the urgent track as well.
canon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 11:05pm
If a person has already applied for PR renewal, and after few months towards the expiry date - and before receiving the renewed card - had to travel, how would he/she use the urgent process/track then? Should he/she apply a whole complete new file attaching proof of travel? Or just forward the proof of travel referring the current application under process? Can somebody advise on this please? 
GabGil View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabGil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 11:21pm
Canon,

you can find at this link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-how.asp#urgent

the info you need.

G.
canon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 5:55pm
Thank you GabGil, That link does not answer my question. It refers to the application that has been longer than the received up to date posted on website and applicant have not yet received the card. My question if application was within the posted period (Which been increasing every 10 days past 4 months), but card got expired or got close to expiry during that period, and something came up and you had to travel. Details on link does not exactly cover such cases! I'm not quite sure though!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>
  Share Topic