Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR card Renewal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 3:24pm
Also they do take away your old PR card..
justified View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justified Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 8:46pm
hi all,

here is the story of my pr renewal up to now.

I applied 2 Nov. 2009, they start to process 5 Feb. 2010, they sent me a letter requesting new photos because my head was big for them with the first one - because they wrote my zipcode wrong it took sometime letter to reach me (3rd week of Feb.) . They received new photos on 8 March. They made a decision on 9 March 2010 that they approved my renewal.
I just checked my ecas.

They also stated that they will send me a letter within 4 weeks for when & where to appear.

I will post new updates as it goes along. hope this week thing would be shorter than it seems.
maple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 12:20am
to avoid delay in pr renewal due to photo size issues, go to a photographer who routinely do pr/citizenship photos. thats the safest bet. otherwise take photo specification page that comes with pr renewal application kit to photographer. photographers who routinely take pr/citizenship photos already have photo specification page in their studio and they will also stamp back of photo with date and their address thats another requirement
justified View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justified Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 2:57am
i took that paper to the photograph, it was a fault of my lawyer imo, long story. anyway I am done pr renewal, (and not done with RQ, which will take much more time :(  )

I don't how long it will take for them to send me to the invitation to get the new pr card. probably they will send it to St.Clair (where is not doing good with me RQ case)
Online it stated that will be in 4 weeks, hopefully it will be shorter.

Even PR renewal takes 4 or more months!:(
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 12:16pm
yeah it's a shame everything in Canada takes a long long time.....imagine what it will be like in a decade from now, lol
Tine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Beaver Beaver wrote:

I'm interested to see how the new PR card looks like...

Suraya View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suraya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 2:19pm
I have sent the application on Jan30th 2010 for renewal of PR card, Photo were taken on Dec 26th 2009 , Will CIC request new photos for me ?
Suraya
Suraya View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suraya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 2:21pm
Will they give RQ for PR  card renewal also ? if so that really sucks 
Suraya
inmigrado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inmigrado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 8:27pm
Hi, I sent my PR renewal thing more then a month ago.
I still have not received anything in mail. Am i supposed to?
I sent it registered mail, but i lost the damn canada post paper with tracking to see if they got it.
Can i call and check if they got it?

Sorry if the question is redundant.

justified View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justified Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 10:36pm
you can check it by calling CIC. actually you can check your pr renewal status from ecas. you will have the same client id.

the process timeline is 105 days last time I checked. If you requested urgent process than you might hear back soon (you have to submit your travel documents/tickets)

when decision made they send you a letter not before that. I submitted mine 2 Nov. and they started to process it 5 Feb 2010. Process is at the same location for all people Sydney, NS.  only pickup place-closest local office differs from others.

so it might take 2 more months for you to see an update in your renewal case.

In such places like CIC offices, passport application offices Canada post office tracking might not work well. Because they receive large quantities and they don't update/can't track. (This happened to me when I submitted my RQ documents, which drove me crazy for a while)

hope it helps inmigrado
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
  Share Topic