Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR card Renewal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2010 at 2:00pm
Hi PMM,
I am grateful to see your quick response. I wonder that how CIC  delays in issuing individual PR card, although all application together with fees posted in one envelop.

Yes, on asking the guy about details under decision made icon. He replied all applicants got same message of decision made but one line added as "We sent your application to case processing center where it will process as normal time"

Does this text make any sense or applicable to all family applicants.

Thanks,

Ahmar - Hamilton
December 2009 applicant
ahmar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2010 at 2:02pm
Hi PMM,
I am grateful to see your quick response. I wonder that how CIC  delays in issuing individual PR card, although all application together with fees posted in one envelop.

Yes, on asking the guy about details under decision made icon. He replied all applicants got same message of decision made but one line added as "We sent your application to case processing center where it will process as normal time" In his ecas screen only.

Does this text make any sense or applicable to all family applicants.

Thanks,

Ahmar - Hamilton
December 2009 applicant
Abul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 8:42pm
If I apply for an urgent PR renewal with travel docs how may months/days does it takes to be processed??? Do I need to pay more fee??
ahmar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 1:35am

Hello Abul,

The timeline to issue urgent base PR card is also the descretion of CIC. Thre is no additional fee if you ask for urgent PR card.

December 2009 applicant
prcard_renew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prcard_renew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 5:09pm
can anyone please advise how to pickup pr card fast !!!!
here is the detail:
I have applied my pr card renew urgently and it was approved on Oct 08, 10. Now today Oct 18.

How early I can pickup the card from St clair office (even without letter), once CIC call center confirm that card was mailed out I want to go a head and pickup my card... please help.. as my flying date is approaching Oct 25th.

As somebody on this form mention he/she was able to pickup card within 10 days of approval .
prcard_renew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prcard_renew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 5:24pm
Does anyone know how long it will take to get renewed PR card product/print after its approval.

and how long for to mail to local office and ready to pick up ?

please share your thoughts, I need my PR card so badly, please help
jinlin555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinlin555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 6:11pm
hi,i got a question:
My mum applied for the urgent process,CIC sent her a letter showing:
1. provide all copy of passport since landed.is it normal? will it delay the process?
2.proved the proof of payment of the airticket.I dun understand what's the proof of payment?is it the receipt accompany with the itinerary or some other thing?

thx
cansa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cansa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 9:29pm
I'm sooo mad at cic right now...received our PR cards only to find they did not put the correct surname on my child's card...Ohip, SIN, her passport have her proper surname how could CIC do this !@#$!%.. now I have to reapply and WAIT!!! Really..the incompetence is annoying. Please forgive my frustration, I waited a whole year for my PR ...so it's understandable ;-)
app sent>09/09
returned>10/09
app resent>10/09
app rec by cic>11/'09
started processing>21/01/10
1st stage appr>3/06/10 further docs needed
rec by cic>29/07/10
dec made>13/09
LANDED&g
canon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2010 at 8:03pm
Hello Suraya, 
You have probably received your renewed PR card by now. Could you please share your experience of collecting your new card? 
Thnx
CORAINT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORAINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 2:02pm
UPDATE :
"We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 5, 2010.

We started processing your application on January 10, 2011.

Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on January 10, 2011. You will be notified by mail within four weeks and invited to pick up your card at the CIC office closest to you. "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314>
  Share Topic