Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR card Renewal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 7:43pm
Hi

Originally posted by Minnie Minnie wrote:

Thanks, Justified. I will put more supporting documents in my renewal application.

Anybody has the experiences of filing outside Canada?

None, because you can't renew your PR card outside Canada.
PMM
ahmar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 6:14pm
Hi,

I shall be grateful, if some one of this thread direct me how to check PR application status. I understand that for all kinds of applications i.e. Citizenship, PR renewal etc have only one window to check the status.

My file for citizenship is in process so which identification to use to see PR status.

I hope that some one will rightly response me and I thank you very much.

Thanks,

Ahmar - Hamilton
December 2009 applicant
GabGil View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabGil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 7:41pm
Assuming your PR card application has been open (they are at Feb 22 2010) you should be able to see it together with the citizenship application. So, if you login as usual you should see your address, then the citizenship application, then the PR application. This is what I see in my e-Cas.

G.

Edited by GabGil - 14 Sep 2010 at 7:41pm
ahmar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 9:20am
Many thanks Gabgil. I trust you are already having your citizenship.

I have sent my application with travel documents to issue it on urgent base. Does CIC gives priority to such case or proceed it normal way.

Thanks.

Ahmar
December 2009 applicant
Suraya View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suraya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 12:35pm
Hi Ahmar,

If you have proof of travel you can expedite the PR card process u may be get Renewed PR card with in 3 to 4 weeks
Suraya
emm2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emm2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 2:47pm
Hi,

I've applied for renewal in July 2010 and I have no news of where my application is at. My PR card expires in October and I have plans to visit family in the U.S in November. What can I show for proof of travel, I normally drive down to the U.S. which is a lot cheaper. How and to who do I need to show proof of travel at this stage (2 months after sending the application).

Just for argument's sake, even if I buy an air ticket to show proof of travel, who do I need to show it to and how do I go about doing it because as of now I don't know if my application was received (even after 2 months).

Please advise.

Thanks,
emm
Zoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 2:58am
My husband needs to apply for a PR card (replacement). Anybody tell me if he need to sign the back of his photos? Thanks a lot.
Sent:Apr.28, received: May 04, first letter: Nov.? (forgot), Transfer to Vancouver: Dec.11, Test: May04, Oath:July30
Pey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 11:47am

Dear All

Please help me, my cousin is in very desperate situation and I want to support him.

Five months ago he has applied for renewal of his PR Card and also his wife. They have child who was born in Canada. They became PR on 2005 and their PR card has been expired in August 2010.

They were stayed in Canada less than one year in total. They came back to Canada before expiry of the PR. They requested an urgent process for their PR card renewal to CIC. CIC asked them to send additional information like certified copy of their passports and certified translation if there are information not in English or French.   

They did not expect such situation and unfortunately they did not declare their real presence in Canada. Now they need to know what would be the safest reaction. please consider that the husband has to go out of Canada for very urgent matter. But the wife and child could stay.

I am looking forward to receive your support.

ahmar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2010 at 9:46am
My neighbor received a letter in his name from CIC to pick his renewed PR card. He has applied PR renewal for all his family members  under one application so when he entered CIC office he pulled only one token with the idea that as a head of family all dependents will also cover in one letter/token.

So when his number called he pushed in glass window all required documents of all members to CIC officer. He was surprise to hear CIC officer that only his name was called so he will only receive the renewed PR. The other applicants require their invitation letter too.

He clarified that he made one file for all but the office did not heard him gave him a pamphlet with toll free number to call CIC Sydney. which all of us know is difficult to contact.

Now reviewing his ecas it shows complete and when he enters other member of family client ID it shows decision made. Before receiving his PR card his status too shows decision made.

Kindly share your experience to know the possible reson for non receipt or delay in receipt of renewed PR card. is it true that like test and Oath process each applicant even they applied under one file  gets individual post  to collect PR card? How long he has to wait for other family members to get invitation to collect PR?

Thanks
December 2009 applicant
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2010 at 1:32pm
Hi

Originally posted by ahmar ahmar wrote:

My neighbor received a letter in his name from CIC to pick his renewed PR card. He
has applied PR renewal for all his family members  under one application so when he entered
CIC office he pulled only one token with the idea that as a head of
family all dependents will also cover in one letter/token.So
when his number called he pushed in glass window all required documents
of all members to CIC officer. He was surprise to hear CIC officer that
only his name was called so he will only receive the renewed PR. The
other applicants require their invitation letter too.He
clarified that he made one file for all but the office did not heard him
gave him a pamphlet with toll free number to call CIC Sydney. which all
of us know is difficult to contact.Now reviewing his ecas it shows complete and when he enters other member of family client ID it shows decision made. Before receiving his PR card his status too shows decision made.Kindly share your experience to know the possible reson for non receipt or delay in receipt of renewed PR card. is it true that like test and Oath process each applicant even they
applied under one file  gets individual post  to collect PR card? How
long he has to wait for other family members to get invitation to
collect PR?
Thanks

Because each individual has to pick up their PR card.
PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
  Share Topic