Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR card Renewal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabGil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 8:47pm
canon,

sorry, I misunderstood your situation. The best thing to do is to call them. Most likely they never thought that the processing time was going to be so long that people could be in situations like yours.

G.
benson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 3:36am
Cannon,

I am a bit confused by those instructions as well. I also don't understand why it matters how you sent the application.  I think the bottom line is that you need to wait until your application is being processes and send/fax a new one then.

But one must give them a call to figure it out. They have created a big mess.
GabGil View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabGil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 12:04pm
Well, it seems they re-started to process PR renewals. It shows they are processing applications received up to Feb 16. If I remember right it was stuck at Feb 8 for a long time.

G.
jane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 3:34pm

Hello every one,

If your a PR working outside canada for 2years, are there any problem returning back to canada ?
GabGil View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabGil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 6:02pm
jane,

it depends. If the day you come back it is less than 3 years since you became a PR, then no problems. Otherwise the officer at the POE may question you about your residency obligations. See Sec. 5.1 in

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english//resources/manuals/op/op10-eng.pdf

G.
jane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 6:26pm
Thanks, your life wire, second ouestion: I fell in love with some guy as a PR,and I want him to come live with me in canada , an America Citizen .I want to know if is possilbe.Third Ouestion if I come in and out ,to canada  as a PR,to maintain my PR I'm I qualify to apply for a citizenship.Thanks

Edited by jane - 10 Sep 2010 at 7:37pm
GabGil View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabGil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 7:24pm
Yes, as a PR you can sponsor him, but since there are several options on how to do it (as a married couple, as a common law couple, inland, outland, etc.) better if you post this question in the "Family Class Sponsorship" topic. Actually better first to start to read the stuff on the CIC website about family sponsorship:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp

One important thing about sponsorship is that during the process you must be in Canada (since you are a PR).

In term of citizenship you need 3 years of physical presence in Canada (out of 4 years). So, time spent outside Canada does not count.

G.
Minnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 1:46am
Hi, can I get some help here?

I am accompanying my Canadian husband in the states. Do I have to go back Canada to file PR card renewal? Can I mail the application over and physically pick up the card at the later time? Thanks for any experience sharing and suggestion.
justified View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justified Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 10:41am
don't know your question's answer Minnie, but you need to send some documents which should support for renewing your pr. I mean it's not as easy as renewing your driver license. so if it is been quite some time that you have been in states, you might want to send more supporting documents to be on the safe side.
supporting documents such as if you attended some classes, you marriage license etc. married person would know much better of course.
received by CIC May 4,2009>process started May 7,2009>transferred June 11, 2009>test August 28, 2009>RQ req. August 31, 2009>RQ submitted Nov. 2, 2009>Oath date Jan. 21,2011.ST.Clair, Local Office
Minnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 5:58pm
Thanks, Justified. I will put more supporting documents in my renewal application.

Anybody has the experiences of filing outside Canada?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
  Share Topic