Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR card Renewal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suraya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PR card Renewal
    Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 12:10pm
I have applied for PR card renewal , My Current PR card expires on OCT 2010, I think it might take 3 to 4 months to renew ,

Please can someone share their experience , after applying what will be the next process,
What documents do i need to collect like T4, T1, Bank Statements ....

Suraya
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 12:40pm
If they need the documents they will send you a letter.
Otherwise you will be asked to collect your new card from nearest CIC office and at that time you will surrender the expiring PR card...

Keep the documents, in case they ask for them......hopefully by that time you will have become a citizen....
justified View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justified Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 7:32pm
I just received request to re-submitting my photos. mine was from crown to chin 25 - 35 mm and the spec. I received with the new request is 20-30 mm

Do any of you know when they changed this photo requirements? is it something new or been a while that they changed ?

Also do you know how this affect the process? make it much longer? or does it mean everything is fine and after they receive my photos they will just make the card and send it ?

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 8:17pm
they have re-designed the PR card thats why the specs have been changed
justified View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justified Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by canvis2006 canvis2006 wrote:

they have re-designed the PR card thats why the specs have been changed

thanks for your reply, do you know when did they changed it ?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 12:11am
I guess afew months ago.....but I'm not sure....

Tine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 11:53am
Yeah, somewhere in early summer. My daughter received the "old" type of PR card in July. I applied for mine in July and received the new one in November (yes, NOVEMBER!!!). I'm confident that they have dealt with the backlog by this time and it shouldn't take you this long.
justified View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justified Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 2:11pm
I hope not. I just received new photos requirements, not sure if this means that they are end of processing my renewal or in the beginning. wait and see I guess, besides waiting answer for my rq:(
Beaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 1:54pm

I'm interested to see how the new PR card looks like...

maple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 3:22pm
I never surrendered my old PR card with application as I had to travel. So CIC sent me notice 1 month in advance to pick my new PR card at CIC local office. My kids were given a different date to pick cards ( they have to miss school day) and me and my wife were given a different date to pick cards. You have to be personally present to pick your PR cards.As I picked my PR card one week before my kids PR card, I asked CIC officer about picking kids PR card without them. CIC officer told me that minors must be present to pick PR card.

There were 40-60 people on day we have to pick our new PR cards and already there was a long line 30-40 minutes before PR pick-up time. Many thought that infront of line will make them wait less but were wrong.All applicants were seated in a big hall and there were 3 CIC officers seated behind tables, each with around 20 envelops. They were calling last names and once you approach them, they do look at your passport ( old and new) and COPR and two forms of ID. they stamp your COPR and tells you that now this COPR is no longer valid for travel and give new PR card. 4-5 people came without passport/COPR and were told to pick up PR cards from CIC office later only after bringing those documents, so they were not given PR cards . There was a person in 50s, who came to pick up his adult son PR card. His son was on vacation and CIC officer was listening to his fathers whole argument that why he should be allowed to pick up his adult son PR card. I left before that issue was resolved but CIC officer was very patient with that elderly guy.

Edited by maple - 10 Mar 2010 at 3:30pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
  Share Topic