Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR card Renewal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 11:10am
UPDATE
We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 12, 2010.

We started processing your application on January 12, 2011.

Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on January 12, 2011. You will be notified by mail within four weeks and invited to pick up your card at the CIC office closest to you.
CORAINT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORAINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by johnathan johnathan wrote:

UPDATE

We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 12, 2010.

We started processing your application on January 12, 2011.

Did you receive your letter?? Thanks..

Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on January
12, 2011. You will be notified by mail within four weeks and invited
to pick up your card at the CIC office closest to you.

johnathan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 8:04pm
Not yet
CORAINT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORAINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by CORAINT CORAINT wrote:

UPDATE :
"We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 5, 2010.

We started processing your application on January 10, 2011.

Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on January 10, 2011. You will be notified by mail within four weeks and invited to pick up your card at the CIC office closest to you. "

Hi everyone,

I had applied for PR card renewal for all family members on July 2010.
10 days ago, above message is shown on my ecas screen which says I am approved and will receive the invitation letter.

However, when I check my wife's and son's ecas screens, it only says "We started processing your application on January 10, 2011".

My question is:
Did they approve all family members and they have only updated my (head of family) ecas screen with "approval" message.
I am confused because I sent the whole application package together. They have received the package and processed.
Or are they still processing my wife and son?

Anyone with similar experiences, your comments will be much appreciated.
Thanks...
scotsgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotsgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 2:57pm
hi
tomorrow I sit the test for citizenship and if I pass, my son will become a citizen too.Tongue My daughter was born here so she's already Canadian so that just leaves my hubby!!
When we arrived in 2003, we were on work visas for the first three years and then we became PRs in 2006...as soon as the residency calender told me that I could apply for citizenship, I did (with the added hiccup of reapplying for my landing form). My husband travels a lot with his work and when we originally applied for citizenship, he did not meet the residency requirements. I'm sure he does now and will apply for citizenship asap. However, his PR card runs out in April and (because we were totally unaware due to absolute ignorance) thought that he could apply for his new one and get it within a few weeks. However, this doesn't seem to be the case, with CIC saying renewals are taking over 200 days!!! As I said before he travels lots and needs to spend a month in Australia in June/July. Should he book this trip and send all the details along with his application? He's a university professor who is quite well known in his field of expertise and he's therefore in demand around the world to speak and work with other universities.
Has anyone else tried to get their renewal fast tracked??
Thanks
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 8:15pm
Hi Scotsgirl,

Yes there is way to expedite the PR Card processing.
Check the link below from CIC website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-how.asp#urgent

Good Luck.
CORAINT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORAINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 1:53pm

Hi Everyone,

I've got a question, please share your knowledge on this issue:
I, my wife and my son we have applied for our PR card renewal and this week we have received our letters to pick them up (Toronto).

However, the dates on all three of the letters are different.. One is on the 29th of March, one is on 31st and last one is on April 5th.

Question is: 1) can we go as a whole family at any of these dates?
I am available (from job) on March 31st. Can I gather my whole family and go there on the "31st" (even though one of the dates on letter is April 5th)?

Many thanks to all..
CORAINT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORAINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 11:36pm
Good evening everyone,
Yesterday (April 5th), I - my wife - and my 4 years old son went to the St.Clair office for the PR card renewal.
1) We were there at about 9 o'clock and waited for about 45 minutes.
2) The officer did not ask anything to my wife.
3) I had a problem with airport immigration 2 years ago. (The officer during renewal can see all the information written by the airport immigration bureau.) He asked me about this problem. [I was coming back to Canada in 2009 and the airport passport control has sent me to secondary inspection, the inspector asked me lots of questions about how long I was absent, what my job was, when I was returning etc, then she started to blame me and telling me that I was lying etc... I, of course, started to feel uncomfortable as a law abiding/tax paying person and told the inspector that she was discriminating me and asking me all these irrelevant questions due to her personal prejudice. Only after my such protest, she would let me go.. but it is understood that she has left a little note for CIC).. But thanks God, the PR card renewal officer would, at least, listen to me..       and this event did not result on not receiving my renewed card.
4) I was asked to how long I was out of Canada during last 5 years.
5) I was asked where was I employed and what job do I do.
6) He checked driver's license and took the old PR Cards.
7) Ah, also, I had US Green Card 5 years ago which I gave up. He saw a stamp on my old/cancelled passport and asked me about the US GC. I told him when I cancelled my US GC.  He asked me if I can prove it.. I said it has passed almost 6 years, how I am supposed to make such a prove (futhermore, he saw all of my entries and exits in my passport(s), so he was convinced that I was solely a Canadian PR.

Then he gave the new cards (and their envelopes), made us sign a paper confirming receipt.

I hope this information was helpful ..

Regards..
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 11:54pm
Good report. Appreciated.

And congratulations on getting the renewed PR card.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
jawad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jawad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 5:30pm
guys
question

i have applied for pr card renewal as urgent -
what u think guys will be done soon in 2 to 4 weeks -
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic