Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

REVisa extension

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: REVisa extension
    Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 9:35pm
I am here on visitor visa and my visa was about to expire and i applied 30 before expiry, have no answer from Vegrevile.

I have to go back to my home country for my permanent visa medical has just arrived and passport request.

So if i leave here without my extension will the visa office in home country ask why i overstayed
since i have no any answer for my Implied status? for visitor.

Is there any number i can call and ask them to give a paper saying my application was in Implies status in Canada.

please help me confused.

or can i ask my friend to mail me the medical here in Canada and i can examine them here in Canada.

WinkAngry
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 12:20am
Originally posted by curtis curtis wrote:

I am here on visitor visa and my visa was about to expire and i applied 30 before expiry, have no answer from Vegrevile. I have to go back to my home country for my permanent visa medical has just arrived and passport request. So if i leave here without my extension will the visa office in home country ask why i overstayed since i have no any answer for my Implied status? for visitor. Is there any number i can call and ask them to give a paper saying my application was in Implies status in Canada. please help me confused. or can i ask my friend to mail me the medical here in Canada and i can examine them here in Canada. WinkAngry

Your application will be in the database, so you are on implied status. Did you keep a copy of the receipt for the extension fee payment? That can be your proof you applied for extension but decided to leave before you got their response, so you can leave as soon as you decide to. or you can have your friend send the medical forms to you, have the medicals done here and send the results to where it needs to be sent. So what would it be?
curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 12:47pm
I have Receipt for the payment, if i get medical over here will the DMP send them to visa office in Kenya i heard they only mail only to one place international that is USA only? is it possible for me to courier my passport too the embassy in Kenya since they have asked for passport request too.
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by curtis curtis wrote:

I have Receipt for the payment, if i get medical over here will the DMP send them to visa office in Kenya i heard they only mail only to one place international that is USA only? is it possible for me to courier my passport too the embassy in Kenya since they have asked for passport request too.

The receipt for you extension request is proof that you requested for an extension so you actually are not overstaying but on implied status, that is in the event you decide to go home and get your medicals in your home country. There would be instructions accompanying your medical request on what to do together with a list of DMPs in your country. But if you are here and you have the instructions, you can go to a DMP here and get your medicals and then do whatever are in the instructions. I don't know about having your passport couriered though. You may need it for travel. Depends on how long CIC in your area process apps after PPR. There are regions who hold on to the passport for several weeks or months before issuing the visa.

Edited by job_seeker - 24 Feb 2010 at 5:05pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic