Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mistake in my application

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enaskim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mistake in my application
    Posted: 02 Jun 2013 at 8:07pm
Hi,

I have just noticed that I have made a mistake in my application.

I have indicated a wrong appartement mistakenly inverted 2 adresses on which I lived

So instead of putting

Lived in A during 2010
and in B during 2011

I have indicated that 

Lived in B during 2010
and in A during 2011

A and B being on the same building

My application has been sent 2 months ago and I did not get yet my acknowledgment letter

How can I correct my mistake?

Do I have to wait my ecas to be created and then coorct it or cancel my application

Help me please

Thanks
Application sent April 2013
enaskim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enaskim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2013 at 8:45pm
Please need your help!
Engo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Engo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2013 at 10:01pm
I'm not an expert but maybe you can write a letter and send it to CIC to explain your mistake. I don't think it's a problem since you sent your application recently. They probably haven't opened your package yet. 
enaskim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enaskim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 10:32am
Thanks Engo!

Did it happen to anybody? sending a letter to correct a mistake on the citizenship application form?

Your feedback will be very helpful

Thanks!
edmonton2011 View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmonton2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 11:14am
Yes it did. We made a mistake in the residence calculations. We called the Call Centre, the agent advised us to send a letter with supporting documents to CIC. The supporting documents were received by CIC according to Canada Post but still the documents were never attached to our file. We realized this at our test. The interviewer had only the original calculations and did not have the new one or the supporting documents. 
Before anyone suggests that we did not include necessary details like file number, name, birth date, etc. we made sure everything was there. 

I would suggest you send an explanation letter, but try to make sure CIC attaches the documents to your file. Call Centre should probably have information about it or you could try to request ATIP. 
Timeline spreadsheet

Rec'd: Sep 01, '11
In proc: Jan 24, '12
Test: Apr 25, '13
Oath: Jul 1, '13
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 1:25am
The problem encountered by edmonton2011 is indeed one of the obstacles.

I would probably wait until the application is in process, perhaps until you have a good idea it is in the local office.

As I have mentioned elsewhere, transposing information is a common mistake. I believe CIC understands and appropriately works with such mistakes. That said, of course a mistake is a mistake, and it means the infromation submitted was not accurate, so if there are other reasons for concern in the application, something like this can aggravate things.

If it really just comes down to transposing two different periods of time and the addresses are correct, just the dates are switched, that is something that perhaps could wait until the interview to correct.

But I do not really know. Just offering some ideas.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic