Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - CPC-S and Local Office RQ stats: 22.1%  *UPDATED*
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CPC-S and Local Office RQ stats: 22.1% *UPDATED*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
zigma99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zigma99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CPC-S and Local Office RQ stats: 22.1% *UPDATED*
    Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 10:35am
The Canadian government has launched a new site
data.gc.ca
It should contain all the latest statistics.
sagafemina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sagafemina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 2:42pm
OOPS!  I see this info is previously posted, but it bears repeating that there's a wealth of information out there and I suppose cross-posting is not a bad thing given that not everyone is alerted to a particular thread at the very beginning and that the more knowledgeable as a group we become, the better able to understand the system and assimilate its relevance to our own situations.  Thanks, Akella and Eileen for much useful information and for making it available, and of course depenabill for helping to interpret. 
App rec'd 29 Dec 2010
Prcs 21 Nov 2011
Vic->BCIS 1 Feb 2012
Doc id, RQ issued 24 Apr 2013
60 hr, 158p, $70 RQ 23 Jun 13
ATIP 6/30: Cit grant 4 Jul 14
eCas 1st update 9/23 since Mar 13
Oath 10/14/14
sagafemina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sagafemina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 1:49pm
The data in this article is a bit old.  Look at http://residencequestionnaire.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/cic_rq_delays_apr2013.pdf  for the script call centre personnel are using to answer calls.  The last page contains current processing times ---avg. 35 months. 

Vast and useful information at this site, including RQ numbers for the various offices.  BC Itinerant services for example issued ONE from 4/12-10/12, then 200 from 10/12-4/13.  http://residencequestionnaire.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/rq_stats_apr2013.pdf
App rec'd 29 Dec 2010
Prcs 21 Nov 2011
Vic->BCIS 1 Feb 2012
Doc id, RQ issued 24 Apr 2013
60 hr, 158p, $70 RQ 23 Jun 13
ATIP 6/30: Cit grant 4 Jul 14
eCas 1st update 9/23 since Mar 13
Oath 10/14/14
Ibrahim76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibrahim76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 12:01am

Citizenship application process blamed for growing wait list

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2013/04/22/immigration-citizenship-backlog.html
akella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 10:57am
Originally posted by EasyRider EasyRider wrote:

Originally posted by coldnomad coldnomad wrote:

Are these only self-requested ICES requests, or does it include requests from CIC as well, since latest CIC application form includes a checkbox authorizing such requests?

Also, I requested my CBSA report without getting an RQ, as a preemptive step, as part of my initial application. I wonder how many people did that as well.

This should include requests by CIC, but newer figures may make it more difficult to correlate with RQ numbers because CBSA consent is in citizenship application from itself since at least October 2012 and we don't know a policy of invoking such requests.

And yes, I too requested CBSA w/o having RQ, but likely it's a minority of requests.

I have to confirm by looking at my request wording, but my gut feeling is that they count privacy requests coming into ATIP dept (the ones that get an individual tracking number), meaning that batch requests under "CBSA consent" regime will likely either register as 1 request for many applicants, or won't register at all in this stats (if they built an automated feed or something like that).

EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 12:18am
Originally posted by coldnomad coldnomad wrote:

Are these only self-requested ICES requests, or does it include requests from CIC as well, since latest CIC application form includes a checkbox authorizing such requests?

Also, I requested my CBSA report without getting an RQ, as a preemptive step, as part of my initial application. I wonder how many people did that as well.

This should include requests by CIC, but newer figures may make it more difficult to correlate with RQ numbers because CBSA consent is in citizenship application from itself since at least October 2012 and we don't know a policy of invoking such requests.

And yes, I too requested CBSA w/o having RQ, but likely it's a minority of requests.
coldnomad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coldnomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 12:08am

akella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 11:18pm

*** JUNE 3 UPDATE ***

Just got my hands on another ATI document - this time coming from CBSA.

The following is the number of requests for ICES Traveler History reports (that one would expect to correlate closely with the number of RQs issued by CIC)

Month / Calendar year
January
February
March
April
May

June

July

August

September

October

November

December

Indeed there seems to be a policy change in October/November. However, the "new normal" is still 2x-3x times higher than it was before.

Original:

http://rapidshare.com/files/1277112238/CBSA_Number_of_ICES_Requests.pdf

dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 4:44pm

Originally posted by Rappo Rappo wrote:

I am not sure why your analysis seems tilting more towards optimism. I disagree with such an outlook. Simply put, things have not improved an iota. Pre-test RQed cases are standstill.

Well, first, as can be seen from these numbers, pre-test RQ affects less than one in four applicants overall. So the fact that things are not going well for those given RQ does not detract from the numbers showing, as I illustrated above, that the rate at which files are being transferred to the local office has nearly doubled recently, comparing a 12 time period last fall with the most recent 12 week period covered by this data. And the indication that the rate of RQ recently is trending toward half what it was during the fall of 2012 is what it is, an indication that fewer new applicants are going to suffer pre-test RQ going forward.

That said, I would not characterize my analysis as leanding toward optimism. Best case scenario is that the Minister is pushing toward processing routine applications slower, in a longer timeline, than it was when I landed and became a PR. Even then, this forum (predecessor rendition) and another at which I participated, was dominated by complaints about how long it was taking. I recall when the timeline approached a full year for many and a vociferous outcry of protest and disdain echoed through these forums. Now, the Minister has indicated just a desire to get routine processing down to a year, and thus the ambition, the goal, is to reach a timeline most find unacceptable. Just because a year is better than two years (last year's low tide rate) does not make it acceptable or an optimistic view. Moreover, as a practical matter, while many applicants are apparently progressing from date of application to oath in around a year now, a realistic estimate of what the current median timeline is, is probably at least 14 or 15 months, perhaps as much as 18 or more months. Again, this is hardly an optimistic view.

Additionally, based on the most recent 12 week period covered, while that indicated 47,970 files were transferred to local office in that time frame, which in turn would correspond to around 200,000 annually, that is still around 40,000 or so less than the number of applications many anticipate will be filed this year, and thus would indicate that in addition to the problematic backlog of cases now, the backlog is likely to continue to increase. That is hardly an optimistic view of things.

One of the problems with a great many observations posted in this forum is entrenched narcissism, views based on how the system, the process, is affecting the individual reporting. Many of those who feel they received RQ unfairly post the view that RQ is unfair generally. That is not a realistic or objective view. Many RQ cases are so because there are real concerns indicated in the application, real questions about the applicant's qualifications. I outline a number of the situations that fall into this group above. Not all RQs are created equal. Not by a long shot. Just because thirty or seventy applicants reporting their experience here were given RQ even though they accurately declared actual physical presence 1095+ while maintaining residence in Canada, does not really illuminate what the typical circumstances are for the majority of the 15,000 or so applicants in the GTA given RQ this last year. What percentage of the 15,000 have cases involving specific issues of concern, versus those for whom there is little or no reason to question their residency, is impossible to discern. It is safe to say, though, I am confident, that the numbers on both sides of that equation are high.

Bottom-line numbers:

All that said, relative to RQ issued by Sydney (pre-test RQ), the numbers indicated for the last 12 weeks represented in this data bear repeating, particularly in comparison to the data for last fall --

In the 12 weeks between Sept 2, 2012 through Nov. 24, 2012:
7,837 RQs issued; 25,040 files transferred to local office (31.2% given RQ)

In the 12 weeks between Feb 3, 2013 through April 27, 2013:
7,022 RQs issued; 47,970 files transferred to local office (14.6% given RQ)

The numbers speak for themselves, fairly clearly.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
Dolce Vita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolce Vita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by EasyRider EasyRider wrote:

It seems like Montreal RQ's are very under-reported-- we have at least 2 people on this forum who got RQ directly from Montreal during reported period and I hardly believe that entire 2 out of 7 people came here to report.

And, as akella pointed out, they did a search for notes query to find out who had got RQ, and likely a query for Montreal had largely failed due to language differences or custom office standards.

Agree. I hope the numbers of Sydney-issued RQs for each province/city become available. This would definitely allow us to have a better picture of the amount of work required to process these RQ cases. If, supposedly, Montreal has a total of a 1000 or 2000, or 3000 RQ cases, then we may understand the overwhelming work that the COs have to do. Until that information becomes available, we would be just speculating!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic