Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spouse Sponsorship from UAE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyanThomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spouse Sponsorship from UAE
    Posted: 25 May 2013 at 11:43am
Hi,

My wife and I are Indian citizens living and working in Dubai - UAE. I applied for PR and got it about 3 years ago. I did my landing about 2 years back. When I did my landing and got my PR card etc I was not married. I got married after that. Now I plan to move to Canada permanently. My wife is not a canadian PR. I was told that I would have to go to Canada and then apply for her. I have a few questions if anyone could help me out who has gone through this same experience. 

1. Do I have to have a job to apply for my wife when i go to Canada ? Can I apply the day I land in Canada so I dont waste time ? 

2. Since my wife will be in Dubai her papers will go to the Abu Dhabi processing office. Has anyone done their souse sponsorship through the Abu Dhabi office ? It says on the website it takes 20 months. But when I called up the canadian commision in Abu Dhabi and asked them they said it should not take more than 4 months. Has anyone done this and could you give me your timeframe please.

Thanks,
Ryan
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 5:13pm
Usually CIC would want proof of your intentions for Canada. They can't just issue visas to people living in Dubai just because the spouse is a Canadian.

You can leave UAE, move to Canada, get accomodation and try to get a job, while your spouse stays in Dubai and waits for her visa.

Other option is to ask for New Delhi as your visa office for processing of application, I believe it is much faster in processing spousal cases, and you can give your Indian address for mailing , if you wish.

Having a job is not necessary criteria to sponsor wife, but CIC wants to see the sponsor doing work and not be dependent on the social services, etc.

Check the application guide, you must gather the documents, and she must undergo the medical, etc and you have to submit that with application. Only then you can decide how quickly you can get everything organized and apply.

If you move to Canada and then sponsor your wife, I'm sure it would be a lot easier, overall.

RyanThomas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyanThomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 3:03am
Hi, THanks for you reply .. My friend just told me that I can apply for a TRP and take my wife along. Is that true ? How do I apply for the TRP ? 

I plan to put in her PR application after I go to canada and then wait for a few months. If I find it taking long then I can apply for the TRP .. AM not sure if I can apply for a TRP after I put in her PR application ? Would you know anything about this ? 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic