Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

::::::::: Scarbrough Waiting For Oath ::::

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 25>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sadhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 2:38pm
They basically ask you

1. DId you leave Canada?
2. Where do you work?
3. What's your position at work place?
4. If not working what do you do?

Just a few basic q to test your English language skills.

They did not ask me anything. They told me to show the notice for test and made us all wait BUT for those who cud not speak english they had a tough time and were failed on the spot.
Regards,
Sandhu
vyasNus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vyasNus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 11:34am
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 22, 2008.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada on December 22, 2008. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 15, 2009.

Your file was transferred to the Scarboro Citizenship office on July 14, 2009. The Scarboro Citizenship office will contact you if additional information is required. The Scarboro Citizenship office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

We sent you a notice on October 1, 2009 to xxxxxx to appear and write the citizenship test on October 29, 2009 at xxxx  PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

WROTE TEST on Oct 29, 2009. No News Yet 

harish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 3:09am
Had my oath today, it was a wonderful experience. The ceremony took around 2 hours and then if you wanted you can stay and take pics with the judge.

Total processing time for me is 11 months and 2 weeks. Applied for the passport right after the ceremony as well because the passport office is in the same building and I didn't want to take few hours off at work again just to come and apply for the passport.

All the best guys.!
mark007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 9:34pm
finally my waiting time gonna over , it took whole one year to complete my process- what da hell
anyway here is my time line

applied -jan 2009

got akl- may-2009

got finger print request-july 009

got test date -sept 2009

oath date jan 2010Tongue

good luck guys
mark007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 9:40pm
finally my waiting time gonna over , it took whole one year to complete my process- what da hell
anyway here is my time line

applied -jan 2009

got akl- may-2009

got finger print request-july 009

got test date -sept 2009

oath date jan 2010Tongue

good luck guys
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 11:22pm
congratulations, it good to know Scarborough office is scheduling oaths already for January......
Do you mind sharing your interview experience on test day?
mod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 4:35am
hi to all
mark007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 10:29am
well, the following questions were asked during my test :

how long  am i in canada?

what  do you do in canada?

any trobule with immigration and law?

thats it , then sign the form

cheers

Edited by mark007 - 13 Dec 2009 at 10:30am
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 2:56pm
Thanks Mark007, and best of luck for joyous oath and life after citizenship...
stiamo_bene_insieme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiamo_bene_insieme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 7:31pm
Did you get an exact date for your oath in January. I just checked the website and there no oath dates for January 2010
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 25>
  Share Topic