Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Valuable feedback needed - bank default

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtrax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Valuable feedback needed - bank default
    Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 12:32pm
Hello,
I am planning to apply for skilled immigration for Canada. Before applying I was just thinking that there are a couple of pakistani banks from which I had taken credit cards. the limit for each card was around PKR. 35000 (almost CAD 450). I went to dubai and did pay a lot of bills and used the credit cards. But due to some family financial problem Unhappy I could not continue to pay off the credit card bills. The limit exceeded and I later shifted to another city in pakistan Confused. I also had a loan from a bank which I paid off . well almost paid it off as i took PKS. 95000 and paid 87000 out of it. the bank stopped calling for payments and it has now been more than a year that I havent paid anything to the banks. a few months ago I went to dubai again, to srilanka, to malaysia and there was no problem at the immigration. I also got my passport renewed in pakistan and there was no problem. 
I was just curious Wacko that as i have not yet paid the banks and I am a defaulter .. may it be on a very low scale but would it create any problem for my immigration application and visa process for Canada. I would really be thankful if you people provide your valuable feedback as i will be applying in the next 3-4 days, my application is complete. I do not want to just lose my processing fee due to this bank defaulter problem.
Please note Embarrassed - I have no plans of not paying the banks back. I will be doing it in next few months and most probably before moving to Canada. So I would like to have your valuable comments.
Thanks in advance and wish me luck if I apply for immigration.

Edited by gtrax - 22 Feb 2010 at 12:39pm
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 3:26pm
Yeah as long as you have no criminal records you will be fine.
But you should start being carefull now.
Artic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 12:20pm
 Do you have enough money for canadian immigration as it is required to immigrate?
Keshab View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keshab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 12:55pm
Bank loan unpaid will not affect your application process but what it matters is, if you had enough fund to migrate to Canada or not.
gtrax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtrax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 4:38pm
Yes I have some savings with me but if I take the money out from a couple of investments to pay the banks means around PKR. 100k, it will affect my returns in the next couple of months.
@ canvis2006 - you are rite brother, I am already careful and trying to keep the expenses low and without debt.
@ Arctic and keshaab - brothers yes at the moment the funds as I have some investment in property but If i take it out and pay the banks I will be short of about 4000 CAD.. and I will not be getting the profit returns for next couple of months as well. The amount is not that big I can pay it off in end of this year from my returns so the funds for canadian immigration would not be affected.
One more thing just came to my mind ... the passport expiry of my spouse is  july 30, 2010. It is the electronic passport and mine is valid till 2014 so sending the application in next couple of days would be fine i guess?
Any last minute suggestions brothers? 

Edited by gtrax - 23 Feb 2010 at 5:14pm
gtrax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtrax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 4:43pm
Embarrassed one more thing ...  its a bit more then CAD 13000 .. funds required for two of us right ??
Thanks for your feedback guys.. will stay in touch with all of you, if it doesnt bothers anyone !!
gtrax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtrax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 5:13pm
bugging you people again .. any prospects in someone helping me out in job placement related with IT. If i get a job a job offer during my application process , i will feel a bit stable that I have something when I land in canada. Any kind of offer even a simple technician or support personnel level job would do for a start.
Any suggestions? Personal messages are welcomed.
Artic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by gtrax gtrax wrote:

Embarrassed one more thing ...  its a bit more then CAD 13000 .. funds required for two of us right ??
Thanks for your feedback guys.. will stay in touch with all of you, if it doesnt bothers anyone !!

$13,486
Student Permit - Work Permit - PG work permit - PNP Route - PR Granted.
ngoud09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ngoud09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 10:25am
Hello,

I stayed in usa for 10 years on a working visa and I had some immigration issue in USA, moved to canada 1 months ago.
I am planning to apply for skilled immigration for Canada. Before applying I was just thinking that there are a couple of USA Banks from which I have used credit cards. the limit for each card was around USD 10 K . All these years i am paying bills on time didn't miss a single payment. But my situation is different now due to my immigration issue and  i need to move out of usa and i am not working in usa or canada. 

Due to H1B Deniel. Unhappy I could not continue to pay off the credit card bills and loan in usa.

I am aware that i am going to become a defaulter and it will affect my credit history for 7 years in usa. 

Please answer the below Questions : 

1. Is it going to create any problem for my immigration application for PR or Canada citizenship in canada in future.
2. Bad credit in usa will have any impact in canada credit as well
3. USA Police clearence certficate will show any bad remark with my name
4. Loans and credit cards bills is called a criminal offence or civil ?
5. If i want to go to usa on a visit for few weeks from canada in near future , is it going to create a issue in usa border because of this outstanding debts.

I would really be thankful if you provide your valuable feedback as i will be applying in the next 1 OR 2 months, 

Anthony
ngoud09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ngoud09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 10:26am
Hello,

I stayed in usa for 10 years on a working visa and I had some immigration issue in USA, moved to canada 1 months ago.
I am planning to apply for skilled immigration for Canada. Before applying I was just thinking that there are a couple of USA Banks from which I have used credit cards. the limit for each card was around USD 10 K . All these years i am paying bills on time didn't miss a single payment. But my situation is different now due to my immigration issue and  i need to move out of usa and i am not working in usa or canada. 

Due to H1B Deniel. Unhappy I could not continue to pay off the credit card bills and loan in usa.

I am aware that i am going to become a defaulter and it will affect my credit history for 7 years in usa. 

Please answer the below Questions : 

1. Is it going to create any problem for my immigration application for PR or Canada citizenship in canada in future.
2. Bad credit in usa will have any impact in canada credit as well
3. USA Police clearence certficate will show any bad remark with my name
4. Loans and credit cards bills is called a criminal offence or civil ?
5. If i want to go to usa on a visit for few weeks from canada in near future , is it going to create a issue in usa border because of this outstanding debts.

I would really be thankful if you provide your valuable feedback as i will be applying in the next 1 OR 2 months, 

Anthony
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic