Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Family Crisis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacknucci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Family Crisis
    Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 10:45pm
Hello everybody,

First off let me start by saying that this is a wonderful forum and I think you are a wonderful bunch.

I don't really know if my problem is suitable for this particular topic. Please bear with me if my story is a little too long.

A brief introduction: my mother and I are both Canadian permanent residents. I spent a year and 6 months and my mother (who is a senior) spent around 2 months in Canada. For almost 3 years, I've been living in Lebanon and supporting my mother and sister, who could not be a part of the original family-sponsorship application since she didn't qualify as a dependent family member.

Since then, my mother has undergone a number of critical surgeries and proved incapable of travel. Additionally, the situation in Lebanon is really bad since the Syrian crisis can spill over here any second. Just last night, a group of masked gunmen attacked a nearby mosque.

My mother couldn't fulfill her permanent residency renewal conditions (spending a minimum of 2 years in Canada) since she had to come back and take care of my sister (my father died in 2007 and didn't get a chance to go to Canada and we have nobody to protect my sister in case the situation escalates in the country). I spent almost 1.5 years of the 2, but I heard I could state my mother and her health crisis as a reason for my not coming earlier. Do you think that my mother's PR will be renewed?

More importantly, neither my mother nor myself are willing to leave the country and leave my sister behind. We are willing to throw away our PRs if the Canadian government won't allow us to bring her with us. She is the only person who takes care of my mother when I am at work. She

My question is, taking into consideration that my mother is a senior, that the country is practically a war zone (the area we live in has been declared a military zone), and that my sister is more than capable of finding a job and supporting herself once in Canada, how can I go about proving all of this to the Canadian government? Who do I write to?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic