Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ADR Conference

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scorpio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ADR Conference
    Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 7:40pm
Hello

Let's have this discussion for those who have been accepted/approved ADR conference.
Well, I will start.
I am living with my wife in Toronto. We applied for sponsorship (my wife is the sponsor) from outside Canada (Canadian Consulate in Buffalo) Big mistake. Any way, I went for interview in Buffalo (April 2012) and I was refused by the officer. Then we requested or applied to appeal that decision, in which we received a letter to attend ADR interview. I believe usually it is the sponsor who goes for the interview, but because I am with my wife living together; they asked me to come in for the ADR interview (that was on Oct. 2012). Things went well and the told us that our appeal have been accepted. we received a letter with details. Our lawyer told us recently that our application was sent to Canadian visa office in Los Angelos. It has been 6 months from the time we received the ADR approval. Does anyone have some info regarding this?? We are getting so frustrated and tired of this immigration crap

Good luck to all
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 11:53pm
Hi

Originally posted by Scorpio Scorpio wrote:

HelloLet's have this discussion for those who have been accepted/approved ADR conference.Well, I will start.I am living with my wife in Toronto. We applied for sponsorship (my wife is the sponsor) from outside Canada (Canadian Consulate in Buffalo) Big mistake. Any way, I went for interview in Buffalo (April 2012) and I was refused by the officer. Then we requested or applied to appeal that decision, in which we received a letter to attend ADR interview. I believe usually it is the sponsor who goes for the interview, but because I am with my wife living together; they asked me to come in for the ADR interview (that was on Oct. 2012). Things went well and the told us that our appeal have been accepted. we received a letter with details. Our lawyer told us recently that our application was sent to Canadian visa office in Los Angelos. It has been 6 months from the time we received the ADR approval. Does anyone have some info regarding this?? We are getting so frustrated and tired of this immigration crapGood luck to all

The posted processing time for LA is 16 months for 80% of the spousal applications.
PMM
Scorpio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scorpio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 10:42pm
OMG are you serious???
I heard that applications with ADR approval takes shorter time and have priority. is that true?

Thank you

Scorp
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic