Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is it for all now or we got a fast one!? Montreal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is it for all now or we got a fast one!? Montreal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it for all now or we got a fast one!? Montreal
    Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 2:08pm
Hi

Wife applied for Citizenship with Kids as below, Processing started 7 weeks after application received, the letter of acknowledgment is dated March 19.

Is everybody receiving processing that fast now? if so then way to go!

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 31, 2013.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 31, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We started processing your application on March 19, 2013.

Edited by michels - 15 Apr 2013 at 2:11pm
---
Michel-
PR: Applied SW Apr2001/Visa Aug2006/Landed Oct2006
Citizenship: Sent Nov2013,in Process Feb2014, LoT Aug2014, Test and Oath Nov2014
End of line :) Happy citizen ever since
Intel View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 5:48pm
michels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 3:18pm
Thanks for the link.. So it is a std approach new in the new process..
Hope they will get a smooth process as wife had a residency interview last year while renewing her PR, since then she went out of the country with kids 2 times only 1 week each to The carribeans, with stamps in the passports.
We submitted full passports copies, all school transcripts for kids, and transcripts for wife from the french language institutions and Linc centers (they can access) as requested by the new form, all available and expired drivers licenses for wife from Ontario and Quebec (had always kept scans of those) and same for Ohip and then RAMQ cards... I thought tracing a logical path in submitting the documents will provide a clear view for the officer on the wearabouts of my family during the last 4 yrs add to this that prior to April 2012 the residency was checked by local Montreal CIC office to issue the renewed PR and most likely interview and processing info is in the system, as now ecas shows the citizenship process and the completed PR renewal.

Similarly I do not understand why some are afraid to submit a less than 3 month ID card if nothing stops them from submitting additional supporting documents like additional IDs, and the expired IDs copies.

My family's journey started 12 years ago, when we submitted our immigration in May 2001.. 1 or 2 years won't add much to the equation, as we are here to stay.. This is why I do not understand why people are too much in a hurry to get their Citizenship.. Unless the passport is needed to bail out?

---
Michel-
Citizenship: Sent Nov2013,in Process Feb2014, LoT Aug2014, Test and Oath Nov2014
michels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 4:00pm
To note we received the book this monday..ie 6 weeks after they sent it, or presumably was sent
---
Michel-
vefabuyuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vefabuyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by michels michels wrote:

Hope they will get a smooth process as wife had a residency interview last year while renewing her PR, since then she went out of the country with kids 2 times only 1 week each to The carribeans, with stamps in the passports.
We submitted full passports copies, all school transcripts for kids, and transcripts for wife from the french language institutions and Linc centers (they can access) as requested by the new form, all available and expired drivers licenses for wife from Ontario and Quebec (had always kept scans of those) and same for Ohip and then RAMQ cards... I thought tracing a logical path in submitting the documents will provide a clear view for the officer on the wearabouts of my family during the last 4 yrs add to this that prior to April 2012 the residency was checked by local Montreal CIC office to issue the renewed PR and most likely interview and processing info is in the system, as now ecas shows the citizenship process and the completed PR renewal.

Similarly I do not understand why some are afraid to submit a less than 3 month ID card if nothing stops them from submitting additional supporting documents like additional IDs, and the expired IDs copies.

My family's journey started 12 years ago, when we submitted our immigration in May 2001.. 1 or 2 years won't add much to the equation, as we are here to stay.. This is why I do not understand why people are too much in a hurry to get their Citizenship.. Unless the passport is needed to bail out?

Everyone has their own reasons and there is absolutely no need to justify those reasons.
From the Phillipines. In Canada since 2003. Architect. Landed in 2008 March.
greeen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by michels michels wrote:

I wish you what you hope for.
michels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by vefabuyuk vefabuyuk wrote:

Everyone has their own reasons and there is absolutely no need to justify those reasons.

For sure everyone has a reason.. I did not ask to provide those. It is a subjective matter after all, for some a one month delay is too much, for others 2 years are nothing.. 

As my late father used to say "..a Single hair on someone's head is nothing while that single hair in a soup is too much"
---
Michel-
michels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by greeen greeen wrote:

.. This is why I do not understand why people are too much in a hurry to get their Citizenship.. Unless the passport is needed to bail out?

I wish you what you hope for.
[/QUOTE]

Well probably the bailout is a misjudgment on my side for most who are anxious.. As the citizenship is a final point in a long journey... Some are refugees..others want to close this chapter..makes more sense... I remember how anxious we were in our 5th year waiting for the immigration visa back then..

---
Michel-
vefabuyuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vefabuyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 5:25pm
Even a bail out is not against any law. If Government wants to stop it, they can always change the law and make people lose their citizenship if they live outside the country for certain period of time. That being said, under current laws, someone who leaves the country after getting their citizenship for extended periods of time or even permanently,is not violating any law.

Edited by vefabuyuk - 16 Apr 2013 at 5:25pm
From the Phillipines. In Canada since 2003. Architect. Landed in 2008 March.
michels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by vefabuyuk vefabuyuk wrote:

Even a bail out is not against any law. If Government wants to stop it, they can always change the law and make people lose their citizenship if they live outside the country for certain period of time. That being said, under current laws, someone who leaves the country after getting their citizenship for extended periods of time or even permanently,is not violating any law.

Well I disagree, as there were two cases recently where the minister insisted on denying the citizenship to two applicants who left for good after satisfying the 1095 days..Overruling the judge's decision
---
Michel-
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic