Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canadian Employment / Jobs > Canada Job Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

another salary indication

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CanNed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: another salary indication
    Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 4:14pm
Hello all,

I'm new here and I believe there have been many people asking advice on wages etc.
But I just need to have your advice too about wages.

I already lived and worked in Canada, but becouse I never had a full time job and I lived with a Canadian girl and her 5 y.o. daughter, I never really got a good view on actual income-spending statistics and facts for a single guy with a full time job.

Anyway...
I have a job as brewhouse operator and will be moving to Alberta this summer. My gross income (before tax) will be $18.50 per hour. Which is after tax $13.09 hourly and $575.96 weekly for 44 hours per week.
How would this translate for a salary? For a single person (who usually does not spend much on luxury etc)

Adding; Maybe renting an 2 bedroom appartment for $900-950 per month.
Car/truck with payments of 300-400 bi-weekly.

The company is paying my basic health insurance + the extended (dentist/ambulance/etc)

Thanks in advance for advice.

CanNed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CanNed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 4:23pm
Oh sorry... I actually meant around $300 bi-weekly for the car/truck.
Is that to high for this income of me with a monthly rent of $900/950 for a appartment?
When you still want to be able to live in a normal way without being worried you can't pay groceries and bills and other things....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic