Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canadian Employment / Jobs > Canada Job Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Teaching in Canada

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Teaching in Canada
    Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 6:59pm
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone has taught in Canada after immigrating there with qualifications from another country?

My partner is a secondary school teacher (math and computing), who will be wanting to do this when we move to Canada (He's Australian, I'm Canadian). My mother was a teacher in BC for 35 years before retiring so we have her to help us a bit, and we know he probably needs to jump through a few hoops to be allowed to teach, but we're really interested in hearing from anyone who has gone through this before, and what their experiences were?

I'm sure it varies by province, and we'll probably be moving to BC, but we're not set in stone on that so any hearing about any experiences would be appreciated. Thanks!
edmotonresident View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmotonresident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 12:00am
Originally posted by CharR CharR wrote:

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone has taught in Canada after immigrating there with qualifications from another country?

My partner is a secondary school teacher (math and computing), who will be wanting to do this when we move to Canada (He's Australian, I'm Canadian). My mother was a teacher in BC for 35 years before retiring so we have her to help us a bit, and we know he probably needs to jump through a few hoops to be allowed to teach, but we're really interested in hearing from anyone who has gone through this before, and what their experiences were?

I'm sure it varies by province, and we'll probably be moving to BC, but we're not set in stone on that so any hearing about any experiences would be appreciated. Thanks!

If you are planning to move to BC, refer to this link for the current teaching requirements of teachers from outside North America.

Hope this helps
"Canada, where good people live"
Harmonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 11:28am

Depending on your husband's qualifications, he might be able to work as a University Professor without having the same hoops to jump through.  

katrina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katrina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 11:17am
I got my Bachelor of Education in Canada and had problems getting certification to teach here because I had worked in Australia and been certified to teach there. The biggest problem for me was getting the required documentation from the Victorian Institute of Teaching that said I was in good standing. It had to be sent directly to the regulatory body in Ontario, and with the time change, it was difficult to communicate by phone. I would recommend finding out the required documentation and arranging to have it send to Canada before leaving Australia.

Good luck!
sousouprof View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sousouprof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 4:55pm
hi i am new member here i want some advices from you please
iam from algeria i have deplomat from the university i want to go to canada and i have no idea about the first steps to follow please help me i will be so glad
i have no chance
mod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 12:50am
what about teaching at primary and secondary school levels
mod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 5:22am
Anybody here to reply please
can2k9 View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote can2k9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 12:33pm
get the assessment of degrees done by the province where the guy is living, the provincial board decides the level and tell what course he has to do. then he has to apply through the education boards of the province.
praveena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote praveena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 1:55am
Hi algeria i told good idea u study online software courses to the Accord Soft Matrix.............

....................................................................................

Testing Training In Chennai
Software Testing Training In Chennai
SEA HORSE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEA HORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 9:01am
HI. CAN ANYBODY HERE TELL ME ABOUT JOB OPPORTUNITIES FOR MEDICAL FACULTY? I'M A 42 YEARS OLD INDIAN DOCTOR WITH SPECIALIZATION IN BIOCHEMISTRY. I HAVE 3 YEARS TEACHING EXPERIENCE AS ASSISTANT PROFESSOR IN MEDICAL COLLEGE. I'M MAKING US$ 72000/YEAR AT PRESENT IN MIDDLE EAST. I'VE BEEN TOLD THAT I DON'T NEED TO WRITE ANY EXAM IN CANADA. IS IT EASY TO LAND A JOB HERE? SHOULD I IMMIGRATE TO CANADA? KINDLY ADVISE.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic