Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Not able to complete application online?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaurageous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not able to complete application online?
    Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 10:21pm
I am trying to complete my application online to sponsor my spouse but it is telling me "At this time, online applications are not available for permanent residence applications.

Steps to apply:

Step 1 – Assess your eligibility

Determine if you may be eligible to apply.

Step 2 – Fill out and send a paper application

To apply, you will need to submit a paper application."

I don't understand why I am getting this message. My spouse has already filled his part of the application online.....it also says in the guide to complete the application online, where then a bar code will be generated to validate the application. 

Is anyone else also facing the same problem? Does anyone know what we are to do in this case? I am confused now as to how it is supposed to be completed because on the application guide it says to complete the application online but its not letting me :S

Please help :( 

pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 11:42pm
Hi

Originally posted by Kaurageous Kaurageous wrote:

I am trying to complete my application online to sponsor my spouse but it is telling me "<span style=": rgb255, 255, 255; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19.1875px;">At this time, online applications are not available for permanent residence applications.</span><p style="margin: 10px; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19.1875px; : rgb255, 255, 255;">Steps to apply:

<p style="margin: 10px; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19.1875px; : rgb255, 255, 255;">Step 1 – Assess your eligibility

<p style="margin: 10px; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19.1875px; : rgb255, 255, 255;">Determine if you may be eligible to apply.

<p style="margin: 10px; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19.1875px; : rgb255, 255, 255;">Step 2 – Fill out and send a paper application

<p style="margin: 10px 10px 30px; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19.1875px; : rgb255, 255, 255;">To apply, you will need to submit a paper application."

<p style="margin: 10px 10px 30px; : rgb255, 255, 255;"><span style="line-height: 19.1875px;">I don't understand why I am getting this message. My spouse has already filled his part of the application online.....it also says in the guide to complete the application online, where then a bar code will be generated to validate the application. </span>

<p style="margin: 10px 10px 30px; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19.1875px; : rgb255, 255, 255;">Is anyone else also facing the same problem? Does anyone know what we are to do in this case? I am confused now as to how it is supposed to be completed because on the application guide it says to complete the application online but its not letting me :S

<p style="margin: 10px 10px 30px; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19.1875px; : rgb255, 255, 255;">

<p style="margin: 10px 10px 30px; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19.1875px; : rgb255, 255, 255;">Please help :( 

1. Neither of you can file a sponsorship on line. The applicant completes his/her forms and validates them and send them to the sponsor. The sponsor completes his/her forms and then mails the sponsorship and the application, with proof of medical and the police certificates and the proof of relationship are per the Checklist to either Mississauga or Vegreville. Depending on whether it is an in Canada or out of Canada application.

2. I suggest you read the instructions here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-how.asp
PMM
Kaurageous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaurageous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 11:56pm
Thank you for your reply. There was a misunderstanding on my part actually. I thought the forms were to be completed online as opposed to downloading them and completing them. 

I do have another question.......I am currently unemployed and my parents support me, so in the Sponsorship evaluation form....is it okay to state "parental support" under "indicate how you support yourself" And if we do state that, do we need to prove anything else in relation to my parents supporting me until i find employment? 

Thanks once again 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic