Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 Parents + Neice Visit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canadrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 Parents + Neice Visit
    Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 1:13pm
After dealing with the permanent residence forms, I thought a visa for my wife's parents would be a breeze. I stand corrected.

My wife's parents plan to visit for a few weeks in the summer. Being from Mexico, they now require visas. My wife's neice also showed an interest in visiting Canada, and her uncle (my wife's brother) is ok with it too.

My questions are:

1) Can I submit all 3 applications at once and get the Family rate? I read that what CIC considers a family is spouse, dependent children and dependent children of dependent children. The neice would be a dependent child of an independent child, as my brother-in-law is not being looked after by his parents.

2) My neice is under 18 and my in-laws that she would be coming with are not her legal guardians (her parents are). I see there is the IMM5646 Custodial Declaration form, but this seems to be geard for minors studying in Canada; my neice is just visiting. Do I fill in this form regardless? Or is there some other form I should fill in?

Any help will be much appreciated!
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 2:08pm
Hi

Originally posted by canadrian canadrian wrote:

After dealing with the permanent residence forms, I thought a visa for my wife's parents would be a breeze. I stand corrected.

My wife's parents plan to visit for a few weeks in the summer. Being from Mexico, they now require visas. My wife's neice also showed an interest in visiting Canada, and her uncle (my wife's brother) is ok with it too.

My questions are:

1) Can I submit all 3 applications at once and get the Family rate? I read that what CIC considers a family is spouse, dependent children and dependent children of dependent children. The neice would be a dependent child of an independent child, as my brother-in-law is not being looked after by his parents.

2) My neice is under 18 and my in-laws that she would be coming with are not her legal guardians (her parents are). I see there is the IMM5646 Custodial Declaration form, but this seems to be geard for minors studying in Canada; my neice is just visiting. Do I fill in this form regardless? Or is there some other form I should fill in?

Any help will be much appreciated!

1. No you won't get the family rate, as the niece is not a dependent of your parents.
2. They would require a notarized letter from her parents allowing your parents to have her travel with them to Canada.
3. You should note that it is your parents and niece that submit the TRV application, not you.
PMM
canadrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canadrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 2:31pm
Quote 1. No you won't get the family rate, as the niece is not a dependent of your parents.
Too bad, but this is what I figured. Do you know if they can pay the separate fees ($150 each) but submit them all together, or does the same rule apply and my neice would have to submit hers separate from my in-laws?

Quote They would require a notarized letter from her parents allowing your parents to have her travel with them to Canada.
I will draft up a bilingual English/Spanish letter and have the parents notarize it.

Quote You should note that it is your parents and niece that submit the TRV application, not you.
Yes they are submitting the documents. I am helping to fill in the forms as their English is very limited, which is why I refered to it in the first person.

Thanks for your quick response, ppm!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic