Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"In process" to "decission made"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorontoGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "In process" to "decission made"
    Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 1:49pm
Hi guys.

I am sponsoring my parents.The application is "in process" in Mississauga since Feb 05/2010.

Can anybody tell me from experience;

How long it takes from "in process" to "decision made" in Mississauga???

Thanks

TorontoGuy
bflava View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bflava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 1:53pm
I think if u sponsoring parents it can take 3 yrs......

hang on, some one will clarify this or provide more insight but I think parents sponsorship takes longer, much more longer..

good luck
TorontoGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorontoGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 5:49pm
I need advice from someone that has actually been "approved" by CIC Mississauga in the past, to sponsor his/her parents.

Can you share your experience.

Thanks
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 6:00pm
I understand your need for someone who has had the same experience, still timelines change and the best thing in that respect is to check the CIC website.

Friends of mine who live here in BC now were sponsored by their son, the whole process took 3 years. It does not end at Mississauga, that is the first stage to see if you are eligable to sponsor.

Mississauga timelines are currently set at 33 months, then the file will be transfered and you need to see how long it is at the embassy you go through, something which you do not disclose.

3-4 years is not unrealistic.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic