Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Visitor Visa While Spouse Sponsorship App In Progr
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visitor Visa While Spouse Sponsorship App In Progr

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canada2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Visitor Visa While Spouse Sponsorship App In Progr
    Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 10:46am

Hi,

I have submitted for my wife’s sponsorship application to CPC-M last week. I was wondering is it possible for my wife to get a visitor visa and come to Canada while the sponsorship application is in progress.

1. Should we wait till the sponsorship application is approved and the immigration file is transferred to overseas visa office?

2. Can we apply now and mention to the visa officer that an application was submitted for her

3. What are the chances that a visitor visa might be issued to her (She’s unemployed living with her parents/my parents, supported by myself)

3. Do you guys think it might create problem to her immigration application processing if a visitor visa is refused

4. What type of documents I will have to provide for her visitor visa application. I am thinking of including copy of marriage certificate, copy of my Canadian passport, invitation letter to visit me, letter from employer, bank statement- past 3 months, a ticket return booked for my wife showing arrival and departure date.

Anyone with experience on this issue please advice.

jstmarried View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jstmarried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 11:48am
My husband applied for a TRV while his papers were in progress he applied about after his file was transferred to lima don't know if it helped any he didn't get the TRV he got the TRV instead. I Referred to the file in my invitation letter with employment letter and id. Don't know about all offices but this is what happend in our case
canada2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canada2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 12:00pm
jstmarried :
Thanks for ur insight.. just to be clear ..ur husband got TRV ?..do u remember the duration for TRV visa.. what type of questions (if any) he was asked  during visa interview ( employement.. ties to home country etc)...u said u mentioned the file # and ID on ur invitation letter.. which ID you are referring to ? CIC client ID ? .. did you address lima visa office for TRV invitation ? or was it addressed to ur husband..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jstmarried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 12:10pm
Sorry PRV he recieved his residency visa

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jstmarried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 12:12pm
no i just mentioned his application was already in process i had not recieved anything since i got approval as sponsor. I addressed it to whom it may concern. It took about 1 month for approval :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jstmarried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 12:13pm
No interview
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 1:20pm
No direct experience, but over the course of the last two years the reporting has been pretty consistent:

PR applicants from countries which are not visa exempt have great difficulty obtaining temporary visas for Canada, but there is no harm in trying (recognizing, though, that all the information provided should be consistent, and no misrepresentations of any sort should be made). That is, the vast majority of reports are similar to what jstmarried reports: applicant not given status to come to Canada until the PR visa is issued.

Applicants from countries which are visa-exempt, in contrast, are routinely allowed into Canada, though not always, and it is usually better to approach entry accompanied by the sponsoring partner with proof of having made the application in hand, and proof of the qualifying relationship in hand.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
talion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 4:06pm
I think what jstmarried was saying was that with the timing being right she applied for a TRV and instead of the embassy giving them the TRV they gave them the PR instead, and ahead of schedule. She wasn't denied the TRV, the embassy's response was to give her the PR instead.
Landed in Canada June 24, 2010
Citizen app rcvd Sept 17,2013
in process Nov. 25, 2013

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jstmarried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 12:17pm
Thanks talion. You are correct. My husband recieved PR ahead of time. took about 3 months for him to recieve pr instead of the 10-13 month wait period.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic