Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New PGWP Needed but Passport Delayed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuCooke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New PGWP Needed but Passport Delayed
    Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 12:17am
Hello,

My current post-graduation work permit was issued in June of 09 and is valid until March 2nd, 2010. I have been waiting on receiving a renewed passport (short permit because the passport expires on March 2) but it still has yet to come back (been about 6 weeks now.)

I realize if I had applied for the passport far earlier, I wouldn't be in this situation, but I needed the passport for Fall/Christmas travel last year. I now have 2 weeks left on my work permit and I have no idea what to do.

I have 8 years of education in Canada, worked for 2 years under work/holiday and now post-grad visas...utterly annoyed at myself for finding myself in such a mess.

Any advice would be great.

canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 12:40am
contact the passport authority to speed up the process....if possible....and contact CIC ASAP and explain your situation to call centre.....maybe they can help....

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic