Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sent application, but no response

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idriss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sent application, but no response
    Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 11:31pm
I sent My sponsorship application (inland) in August, but I haven't heard anything from them since then

I did the medical exam sent all the forms, and proofs and everything else, but How do you know if you're case was received (because I see some posters that know when their case was received)
Thanks alot
Yullover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yullover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 12:36am
Did you send it with registrated mail, like express post or Fedex ???

If not you can't know that they receive your application until they start processing it !!!

Normally you send it with a tracking number so you can track if your application is receive by CIC.
mitamata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitamata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 12:37am
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp

It takes at least 5 months, probably closer to 6 before they even begin processing your application. And you won't hear from them right away, you'll see the information on ECAS first.
Outland - spousal - Vienna - 2009
Feb 16th - app received at CPC-M
Mar 3rd - decision made at CPC-M
Mar 27th - received AOR
Apr 29th - PPR received via email
May 12th - Passport with visa received :)
idriss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idriss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 9:22am

That's why then Thanks alot for the replies everyone

So I guess I'll just have to wait until I hear from them. Thanks alot

Any had experience with Inland Application? How long is the processing time (first Stage)?
wordstar_28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wordstar_28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 9:57am
hi idriss! any news for your application? i sent mine 22 sept, they received it on 25th sept. started processing oct 31. you should be able to view it now on ecas since you say its all complete. you can check if they receive your application by tracking number issued to you by post office if you send it by registered mail. if you want to get into ecas and don't have client id you can call cic and ask one. you can try using receipt number too but sometimes its not working. good luck!!! are you inland? i'm inland.
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 12:56pm
Hi

Originally posted by idriss idriss wrote:

I sent My sponsorship application (inland) in August, but I haven't heard anything from them since thenI did the medical exam sent all the forms, and proofs and everything else, but How do you know if you're case was received (because I see some posters that know when their case was received)Thanks alot

1. First stage processing for in Canada apps is 5/6 months before you hear anything.
2. The other posters probably sent their application by recorded delivery.

PMM
wordstar_28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wordstar_28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 7:31pm
i think all applications are not the same. bec mine i can check it through client id and it says "in process". and i also know that they recieved by using tracking number given by post office. i mailed mine sept 22. recieved at cic sept 25 with the recepient signature. and on my ecas i was able to check it on oct 31.
jetice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jetice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 8:58pm
yea i think so too because i when to check  t my application last year it say in process that was in Feb 2008, i when back this year on i do not see it can not go on it 
hope to go to Canada some day
idriss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idriss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 10:44am
Nothing yet, but we  will keep in touch
RobsLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by wordstar_28 wordstar_28 wrote:

i think all applications are not the same. bec mine i can check it through client id and it says "in process". and i also know that they recieved by using tracking number given by post office. i mailed mine sept 22. recieved at cic sept 25 with the recepient signature. and on my ecas i was able to check it on oct 31.
  Your application is showing as "in process" because they have opened the package and logged it in - that way they don't have to refund your fees if you decide to withdraw before they actually start to assess it. 

CPC-Vegreville is currently posting a timeline (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#perm_res) of 5-6 months before they assess for first stage approval.  They are now processing aps received through May 30, 2009.

Edited by RobsLuv - 06 Dec 2009 at 3:38pm
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic