Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Regarding Official Passport for spouse

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainman007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Regarding Official Passport for spouse
    Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 1:18pm
Recently i have got a letter that my (me and my husband)visa are ready to issue . My husband is a army officer and his passport is official. Upto this stage of immigration, my husband is always using this passport. 

Now on the recent letter is has written that "You must ensure that every person included in your application possesses their own passport. Please note that DIPLOMATIC / OFFICIAL passport(s) are NOT acceptable". 

In this situation can any one please tell me what i can do ? 
MajidS View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MajidS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 1:43pm
Only the ordinary/regular travel passport is accepted by CIC to stamp immigrant visas in. This is because, you will be immigrating as a regular citizen and not on state business (as in people with official or diplomatic passports).

Both of you will have to get regular passports from your country of origin for the PR visa to be issued.
rainman007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainman007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 2:08pm
Thank you very much for your reply . 
But the problem  is how can my husband can get regular passport other than official passport ? 
And all the immigration process have already done on OFFICIAL passport ?  
IF my husband get a new passport , then he will have 2 passport ? 
So how a man has 2 passport where immigration office already consider his official passport ? 
Please help me about this issue ? 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic