Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Advice on getting my girlfriend caregiver job

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BenA105 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenA105 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice on getting my girlfriend caregiver job
    Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 10:35am
No suggestions? :(
BenA105 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenA105 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 11:24am
Hey folks,

I'm trying to help my girlfriend get a sponsored job as a Live-In Caregiver, or come to Canada on a Temporary Foreign Worker visa, but I'm having some trouble, so I wanted to ask you guy's advice.

So she is an Armenian citizen, and is totally eligible for the live-in caregiver program. She has completed high school, has a university diploma (in the management field) and has more than three years full-time work experience in charge of a Kindergarten.

So she fullfills the requirements for the program, but having helped her apply for about 35-40 positions on Craigslist she's had absolutely no luck. It's getting quite frustrating really

I was reading that the caregiver scheme now means that families have to pay for the employees flight from their home country to Canada. Her resume, and cover letter, photos etc are excellent, but she's had not one interview. Seems though people all want to employ a nanny who is already in Canada. Any suggestions? We don't have tons of cash to spare for an agency. Not sure what to do?

Another idea - can she get a Temporary Work Visa elsewhere? It's making me pretty sad about the whole situation right now Cry

Suggestions would be awesome!

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic