Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How is a life as an Immigrant in Canada?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sachnbapat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 4:29am
"I have 4 kids but only 1 wife"?...........its funny............

Regards,
Regards,

Sachin Bapat
mishasethi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mishasethi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 10:15am
I totally agree with you Sarin_j. As I have experinced exactly the same.

But in the end, I would say that Canada is the best place to live in the world and is better than USA in many many terms.
mishasethi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mishasethi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 10:20am
hehehe, right said sachinbapat, lol
Keshab View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keshab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 12:28am
Any way no one is allowed to hold more than one wife in Canada
edmotonresident View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmotonresident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 1:38am
Originally posted by aajhbhi aajhbhi wrote:

Can someone guide me please what should i do? I am a 1st class boiler engineer and working in an oil refinery in Pakistan and earning good income. I have four kids but only 1 wife! I have 6 years of experience in this field. Should i immigrate to Canada? What is the scope in my field there in Canada? What problems can i face? I believe this thread can really guide me if someone knows such information. Cheer

Hi aajhbhi,
I am glad that you have one wife, just a starting Joke..

Here are your options:
Your category is under skill Level B, Occupations usually require college education or apprenticeship training.
Your scope is under, Supervisors, Mining, Oil and Gas
You may be qualified as a skilled worker applicant based on your experience and ticket.
Let me explain further,
Here in Canada, your 1st class ticket would be considered as a "power engineer" , this title has diferent classes, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd and 1st class power engineer, they are in high demand especially here in Alberta, lots of industrial plants, oil refinaries, hospitals, commercial and residential buildings hire power engineers for diferent scopes of practice, so you have high chances.
In order for your ticket to be recognized, your experience and curriculum would have to be assessed by a presuure equipments safety authority that implements the Canadian safety act, which requires you to do several exams for each class, as your job is closely related to the public safety as a pressure equipment operator or supervisor.
An example would be ABSA, Alberta Boiler Safety Association which responsible for power engineers and in-service inspectors certifications, in addition to other pressure equipments designs registrations and quality controls.
Let me know more about your experience and your educational program that led you to aquire this 1st class "Boiler Engineer" ticket and i will be happy to help you further.

"Canada, where good people live"
aajhbhi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aajhbhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 10:19pm

Thank you very much edmotonresident for such a detailed reply. I am thankful to all other members who appreciated me for having just one wife. It means i am eligible for Canada Immigration Smile

edmotonresident,  I have passed here in Pakistan the 3rd, 2nd and 1st  class boiler engineer exams and it was based on my experience, trainings and self-study.  I don’t have any specific formal university education for this. But i have done BA privately with Punjab university. I also have done 3 years diploma in Mechanical Engineering after my matriculation.

edmotonresident View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmotonresident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 1:19am
Originally posted by aajhbhi aajhbhi wrote:

Thank you very much edmotonresident for such a detailed reply. I am thankful to all other members who appreciated me for having just one wife. It means i am eligible for Canada Immigration Smile

edmotonresident,  I have passed here in Pakistan the 3rd, 2nd and 1st  class boiler engineer exams and it was based on my experience, trainings and self-study.  I don’t have any specific formal university education for this. But i have done BA privately with Punjab university. I also have done 3 years diploma in Mechanical Engineering after my matriculation.

aajhbhi,
This way you may be qualified in 2 disciplines, As an Engineering Technologist "Mech. Eng. Dpl."
and as a Process Operator "First Class Engineer".
These combined educational Tickets (we call these credentials as Tickets in Canada) will award you good marks under the Federal Skilled Workers category, adding your experience, will also award you considerable points. However, as you don't have any experience or any relevant scope of practice within the 38 listed jobs in the fast skilled workers category as your both credentials are in the Skill Level B — Occupations usually require college education or apprenticeship training, your application's processing time will be longer than the above category.
The only chance to speed up your application (when you apply) is to obtain a job offer from a Canadian employer and to receive positive opinion by HRSDC, this will award you more points and speed up your process.
In order to get such job offer, you may apply from there for your either credentials to be assessed by an Association of Engineering Technologists or by a Presuure equipments safety Authority in any provine destinated for your immigration or you may simply get your both Mech. Eng. Dpl and your First Class Ticket recognized by IQAS (they will compare your curriculum against the Canadian's Benchmark) and receive the educational recognition at first.
than you may submit this assessement along with your resume and other documents for the job you apply for.
Bear in mind that you cannot practice as First Class Engineer in any of the Canadian provinces as you have to write the required exams for each level starting from 4th Class Engineer (Each class has its own CSA level of knowledge).
You may be allowed to challenge those exams without having to go thru the required experience and educational stages as for the beginners, but you wil have to write 2 exams for 4th class, 4 exams for 3rd class, 6 exams for 2nd class, and 8 exams for 1st class, 20 exams to be certified as First class power/stationary/operating Engineer in canada.
Please let me know of your courses outlines "briefly" in each class in order to guide you further.
Gud Luck 

"Canada, where good people live"
aajhbhi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aajhbhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 9:30pm

After matriculation I started my Three Year Diploma of Associate Mechanical Engineer from Technology College as a Regular student and after that I got a job in a textile mills in utility services department (Compressors, BOILERS, heat recovery, heat exchangers, water treatment, Reverse osmosis plant, natural gas and F.F.O distribution etc.). During this job I further started to study Thermodynamics and on the basis of such experience I appeared in 3rd class Boiler Engineer examinations & passed. Getting one more year experience as 3rd class Boiler Engineer I appeared in 2nd

Class Boiler Engineer exams and passed. Same for 1st class Boiler Engineer after one year experience. After passing 1st class Boiler Engineer, I got a job in the oil refinery as a Shift Engineer Utility / Boiler Operations and now i have around 5 years of experience on this position. Now please tell me what is IQAS and how can i get my education recognized by them from Pakistan.

chatfriend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatfriend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 11:02pm
Dear Sarin_i, Very much useful and encouraging post. Thanks

mod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 2:37am
yes my frnd also have 11 kids but one wife.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic