Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OPEN WORK PERMIT Plz Urgent Help me

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettyindian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OPEN WORK PERMIT Plz Urgent Help me
    Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 10:50am
Hello

Im an International student with study permit, now i want to discontinue my studies and i came to know that i cant stay inside the country

If i go back, wther it will affect my spouse open work pemrit, or he can stay n work till his work permit expires
edmotonresident View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmotonresident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 10:28pm
Ofcourse he can stay and work as long as his work permit is valid (not expired)
"Canada, where good people live"
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 12:32am
Hi

Originally posted by edmotonresident edmotonresident wrote:

Ofcourse he can stay and work as long as his work permit is valid (not expired)

No he can't, he has a spousal work permit based on the based on the spouse study permit. If the spouse leaves Canada, the spousal work permit is no longer valid.

See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/fw/fw01-eng.pdf Sec. 5.38 it applies to spouses of students as well.
PMM
edmotonresident View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmotonresident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 12:45am
pmm, she didn't mention whether her study permit is based on her husband's open work permit or vice versa right???
"Canada, where good people live"
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 1:32am
Hi

Originally posted by edmotonresident edmotonresident wrote:

pmm, she didn't mention whether her study permit is based on her husband's open work permit or vice versa right???

Well since open work permits are only issued to spouses of work/study permit holders, "in-Canada" spousal applicants, and refugee claimants, we can assume that he got it on the basis of her study permit.
PMM
tanushree.tiku View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanushree.tiku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 5:53am
i agree
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic