Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Entering Canada

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simritvir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Entering Canada
    Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 7:31am
1. Where can I find a check list, indicating the documents to be carried along, while entering for the first time into Canada as immigrant?
2. How much time does it normally takes to process the Permanent Resident (PR) Card after completing initial formalities or landing interview?
3. Is the PR card to be taken in person or is sent by post to address provided at the time of entering Canada? Can we give US address insted to send PR cards to?
4. Once the PR card is made, do we still require Canadian visa to enter or exit Canada?
5. How much money I need to have at the time of entry to Canada? Is their any Minimum specified? Or I have show my bank balance for certain value of Canadian dollar equivalent?
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 10:27pm
You can find all your answers on CIC website.

www.cic.gc.ca
edmotonresident View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmotonresident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 12:26am
Originally posted by Simritvir Simritvir wrote:

1. Where can I find a check list, indicating the documents to be carried along, while entering for the first time into Canada as immigrant?
2. How much time does it normally takes to process the Permanent Resident (PR) Card after completing initial formalities or landing interview?
3. Is the PR card to be taken in person or is sent by post to address provided at the time of entering Canada? Can we give US address insted to send PR cards to?
4. Once the PR card is made, do we still require Canadian visa to enter or exit Canada?
5. How much money I need to have at the time of entry to Canada? Is their any Minimum specified? Or I have show my bank balance for certain value of Canadian dollar equivalent?
For the essensial documents
Your PR will be mailed to you after 1 month of your arrivel to the address you provide when first landed, this address you should be provided in Canada..
You do not need any visa to access Canada once you possess you PR.
The required funds to be carried are based on the number of the immigrants (Family or single member), check this link for minimum required funds for you to establish yourself.

Hope this could be useful

Good Luck

"Canada, where good people live"
Simritvir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simritvir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 6:04am
1. As per one of the reply, the PR cards would be sent to Canadian address in about months time, my question is if these cards are sent through post outside Canada and than same could be used for entering Canada later?

2. Can we apply for SIN card also? How long would it take for SIN card to be made? Will it happen at the point of entry (my case I will be travelling by road into Canada(Buffalo or Niagara fall)) in Canada OR we need visit local designated office near to stay address in Canada?
Artic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 11:01am
1) Approve Yes you may or better yet call the CIC inside canada for better answer
2)You can apply for SIN card with your PR papers attached to your passport. They will give your SIN on the spot and mail your the SIN card through mail.
Student Permit - Work Permit - PG work permit - PNP Route - PR Granted.
Simritvir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simritvir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 9:45am
Thankyou for the information.
Also please tell what size photographs I need to carry with me when I am entering first time as immigrant into Canada for PR card or SIN card making?
Artic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 10:54am

The photo you have submited during PR application, those one will be used for PR card.

SIN card doesnt require any photo however, if you are applying for Health card, Drivers Licence then you take picture of the spot.

All the Best
Student Permit - Work Permit - PG work permit - PNP Route - PR Granted.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic