Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Miscellaneous > Comments or Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Issues with posts in Citizenship forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 11:38am
ADDTIONAL NOTE: I really am asking for assistance.

On the other hand, persistent disregard of basic protocol will indicate, to me, that the person posting deliberately intends to disrupt. The consequences are predictable.

This applies, as well, to ad hominem. I have made this warning repeatedly. Derision aimed at individuals, public or private, participant here or not, including government officers or personnel, will be deleted without warning. Repeated posting of this sort will result in suspension without warning. Even if it is in response to another post that is, for whatever reason, objectionable, it will be deleted, and if such behavior is repeated the user will be suspended, suspend without warning.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 6:24pm

Quote vefabuyuk:
Quote I created a separate thread for this but somebody deleted. I suspect who that might be but not gonna acknowledge his name or give him attention what he feeds on anyways.

Your posts were not deleted vefabuyuk. The new topic was redundant so the posts were moved. They are in the same topic as your post.

Please try to play by the rules. Repeated disregard for protocol will be interpreted to be a deliberate effort to disrupt the forum. Consequences are predictable.

I think I have given enough examples. As I have warned a few times, new topics that are redundant and collateral to citizenship are subject to summary deletion without warning. I will not be draconian in the way I go about this, but I will not engage in discussion about it either. I am not talking about new users posting questions already covered in another topic. That is OK. I am not talking about having to find topics that have not been active for months. No, no one needs to do that.

Playing games, however, will be interpreted precisely for what it is: a deliberate effort to disrupt the forum. And, again, the consequences for that are predictable.

So far I have been locking some such new topics, or as in this case moving them, but that is for illustrative purposes, so that those who are a bit slower learning have time to catch on, time to grasp the protocol. Soon I will summarily delete such topics.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 3:13pm

Please consider what the topic is about when posting.

Please do so regardless of what someone else has posted.

In other words, if a post is off-topic, please do not post a response to it that continues to be off-topic.

Reminder: posts can be quoted and discussed in other topics where appropriate. There are many topics in which the discussion is far ranging, the subject of the discussion wandering into many tangents; what I am asking participants to do is to avoid disrupting topics which have a specific subject matter. (There are no hard and fast guidelines in this regard; some topics are more specific than others, some tangents more appropriate than others. As always, it would be appreciated if users here would help keep specific topics better focused; please be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.)

It is particularly problematic when off-topic posts also violate general posting policies for this site (no spam, no abusive posts -- which means no personal insults, including insinuating insults).

Recent examples of posts which are both off-topic (thus disruptive) and over-the-line abusive:

Originally posted by peter95 peter95 wrote:

sometimes you face such problems in your home country too then your suggestion may be why are you here kill yourself and go back to place where you come from what a thinking
BTW: Suggesting that anyone kill himself or herself is way over the offensive line. That should be readily understood without saying.

Originally posted by mightyman mightyman wrote:

You sound like a troll from outer space.

Well said! There are too many losers in Canada who suffer from a slave mentality, who never question but always think whatever the government does is right.
(Note that this was in response to the post quoted above that, among other things, suggested to others that they "kill yourself." Note too that while I ordinarily would not pay much attention to references like there "are too many losers in Canada," this too is an example of an insinuating insult that should not be posted in this forum; the severity of the breach is, of course, context driven, so an occasional remark like this in passing would hardly be noticed, let alone generate action taken, but where the context is intended to overtly offend and is part of a pattern, or as in this case is a disruption of the topic, it is clearly over the line. This stuff should be obvious. It pains me to have to explain this stuff.)

Absolutely. It's sad to see some of the people here quickly learn this cracker attitude, become the mouthpieces of Kenny, and tell fellow immigrants to go back home (after emptying your pockets out).

I have hidden the above posts. I have warned multiple participants here that this kind of posting will not be tolerated. No more warnings will be given to anyone given a warning. But, I want to remind users here that any abusive posting or posting of spam can result in suspending the account and other efforts to block (as best can be done) that individual from returning to the site.

PLEASE HELP! Please avoid being disruptive. Please do not post any insults aimed at anyone (whether overtly or by insinuation, and whether the target is a particular person or is targeted descriptively, whether the target is a participant here or not). Please avoid being abusive or offensive in any way. Please do not respond to abusive posts (or to spam posts either). If you feel compelled to make a comment in response to an insult or otherwise offensive post, please use this Comments & Suggestions Forum to post in.

To be clear: this is NOT a free speech zone. This is a private, proprietary site with guidelines for its use. Play by the rules or do not play.

dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 3:23pm

The following needs to be clarified:

Quote I have warned multiple participants here that this kind of posting will not be tolerated. No more warnings will be given to anyone given a warning. But, I want to remind users here that any abusive posting or posting of spam can result in suspending the account and other efforts to block (as best can be done) that individual from returning to the site.

I have given warnings. Anyone who has already received a warning will not be warned again. Their options are specifically to play by the rules or do not play. If someone is not entirely sure what this means, what playing by the rules requires, I suggest you make a special effort make certain you do not engage in disrupting topics, to make certain the contents of your posts in no way insult, or imply an insult. (I do not have time to teach basic manners.)

That said: anyone who posts spam or whose post is abusive may be suspended and blocked (to the extent this can be done). NO WARNING IS NECESSARY. That is to say, spam posts or abusive posts may result in a summary suspension of the account with no warning given. (Note that in fact I suspend accounts almost every day without warning, at least several every week.)

Again, to be clear, this is NOT a free speech zone.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic