Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Good News!!! Liberals finally Bringing it out !!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGood News!!! Liberals finally Bringing it out !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by EasyRider EasyRider wrote:

Originally posted by supertoztoz supertoztoz wrote:

Another thing i had the exemple of someone yesterday that probably by mistake sent his application with 1056 instead of 1095 then he got an RQ.
The vast majority of RQ'ed applicants here have >1095 days.

This is exactly what i'm saying easyrider

1095 days is the exact but why sending the file exactly on the 1095 days ?
why not waiting a little bit more to avoid trouble. i gave exemple before on my previous posts.

Stupid exemple, i took oath last monday and they said that we have to wait 2 business days or 48 hours to apply for passport.
I was tempted to go this morning which is a little bit less than 48hours to apply. To avoid problem like OH you're not on the system yet etc... i decided to wait more days to be large.

If they realized that few days , weeks etc are missing on your residency calculation and you applied at 1200 days etc then you wont get any problem.
If you send your application at 1095 days and you made a mistake of just 1 day then you will get an RQ

The most important it's to be a permanent resident since we can work, live etc.... Already in 2009 i was able to apply for citizenship but i decided to wait almost 1 more year to be large. Now i'm not saying that you have to wait 1 more year but avoid to send your application at exactly 1095 days to avoid trouble.

They dont send RQ for fun , it's accurate and i'm pretty confident about it.

Mary Chad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 12:12pm

Another thing i had the exemple of someone yesterday that probably by mistake sent his application with 1056 instead of 1095 then he got an RQ.

@EasyRider Exactly Smile...
@supertoztozthis again it is not fair that we have to suffer because xyz cheated Cic....how long does it take to simply see the papers and decide if the applicant is genuine or fraud...4 years after RQ response???....none of us complaining after filing of few weeks or months... they can give RQ for sure if they have doubts, its the process time we are complaining about (after RQ response)....for me they said it will take 2+4=6 years in case of no judge hearing...why? because Cic lied in my ATIP notes...it was there mistake that they issued RQ and guess who has to suffer?
Mary Chad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by polarbear polarbear wrote:

Folks

I did not post this link in this forum to fight among ourselves.

Contact those Mp's, email them about the 48 months processing times of RQ's, so that those MP'S can speak about this in the parliment.

With more pressure they might open up the RQ's and start processing it. They might even reduce the processing times.

Folks, do something useful instead of fighting among ourselves.

Shocked

Please send your complaints regarding RQ processing times, Feedbacks and comments to:

Jim Karygiannis - http://karygiannismp.com/spip/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=4

Kevin Lamoureux - http://kevinlamoureux.liberal.ca/contact-kevin/

Sure i am writing to them right now.....Thank you so much.....Thumbs Up

supertoztoz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Mary Chad Mary Chad wrote:

@EasyRider Exactly Smile...
@supertoztozthis again it is not fair that we have to suffer because xyz cheated Cic....how long does it take to simply see the papers and decide if the applicant is genuine or fraud...4 years after RQ response???....none of us complaining after filing of few weeks or months... they can give RQ for sure if they have doubts, its the process time we are complaining about (after RQ response)....for me they said it will take 2+4=6 years in case of no judge hearing...why? because Cic lied in my ATIP notes...it was there mistake that they issued RQ and guess who has to suffer?

Please share your timeline and office.
Also explain me more about the LIes on your ATIP notes
compliance View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by polarbear polarbear wrote:

Folks

I did not post this link in this forum to fight among ourselves.

Contact those Mp's, email them about the 48 months processing times of RQ's, so that those MP'S can speak about this in the parliment.

With more pressure they might open up the RQ's and start processing it. They might even reduce the processing times.

Folks, do something useful instead of fighting among ourselves.

Shocked

Please send your complaints regarding RQ processing times, Feedbacks and comments to:

Jim Karygiannis - http://karygiannismp.com/spip/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=4

Kevin Lamoureux - http://kevinlamoureux.liberal.ca/contact-kevin/

Thanks!
I will circulate the link for you!
EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 12:24pm

About the RQ , RQ are not giving randomly so if you are getting one that mean they want to double check your residence in Canada.
My personal view this whole RQ thing is a joke. The same sort of a joke when monopolies tried to limit internet traffic for the whole country to 25G just because Netflix was coming to Canada and threatening uncompetitive Rogers and the rest of great Canadian communications corporations. Just a bad joke.

So, CIC "broadened the net" and assume 10% get RQ's now. There are 2 major issues with that (aside from timeline and privacy/datamining nastiness):

1) from reports here these 10% getting RQ's are typical folks with typical stories (not fraudsters) for whom RQ was triggered by some vague indications. In other words, they're not so different from the other 90%-- we can see people here that have never left Canada or have an absolutely typical immigrant story. Indications are really subtle, even we here can't figure out what are triggers for RQ and if there are any guarantees ever to avoid it (seems like there's none). It links to the 2nd point, that:

2) 90% of people don't get RQ's, they still get their citizenship based just on 5-page application form, they don't get pre-test RQ. Fraud can also be discovered during an interview, but that's how system already worked before pre-test RQ.

What problems are solved with this new system?

In my opinion, none. RQ is given without discovering real concerns about a case (officer may have concerns after conducting an interview and examining documents), the criteria is incomprehensible and still 90% of applicants don't provide documental evidence to support their declaration.

What problems are created with this new system?

A lot-- (tens of) thousands of angry people in limbo, worst process in the developed world, the whole controversy, possible lawsuits.

Was is really worth it? I think it's just another example of senseless and overreaching government's policy.
supertoztoz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 12:32pm

About the RQ , RQ are not giving randomly so if you are getting one that mean they want to double check your residence in Canada.
My personal view this whole RQ thing is a joke. The same sort of a joke when monopolies tried to limit internet traffic for the whole country to 25G just because Netflix was coming to Canada and threatening uncompetitive Rogers and the rest of great Canadian communications corporations. Just a bad joke.

So, CIC "broadened the net" and assume 10% get RQ's now. There are 2 major issues with that (aside from timeline and privacy/datamining nastiness):

1) from reports here these 10% getting RQ's are typical folks with typical stories (not fraudsters) for whom RQ was triggered by some vague indications. In other words, they're not so different from the other 90%-- we can see people here that have never left Canada or have an absolutely typical immigrant story. Indications are really subtle, even we here can't figure out what are triggers for RQ and if there are any guarantees ever to avoid it (seems like there's none). It links to the 2nd point, that:

2) 90% of people don't get RQ's, they still get their citizenship based just on 5-page application form, they don't get pre-test RQ. Fraud can also be discovered during an interview, but that's how system already worked before pre-test RQ.

What problems are solved with this new system?

In my opinion, none. RQ is given without discovering real concerns about a case (officer may have concerns after conducting an interview and examining documents), the criteria is incomprehensible and still 90% of applicants don't provide documental evidence to support their declaration.

What problems are created with this new system?

A lot-- (tens of) thousands of angry people in limbo, worst process in the developed world, the whole controversy, possible lawsuits.

Was is really worth it? I think it's just another example of senseless and overreaching government's policy.

Since we understood that 10 percent of the people was getting an RQ. I would like to know how many pers has their files approved after the RQ .
That will tell us way more than the other numbers.

Concerning the worst process in the developped world it is also the faster resident requirement to apply for citizenship ( 3 years )
Uk and Usa it's 5 years and trust me they ask a lot of paperwork on the file even if they process them faster. So at the end of the day it's the same. No other countries gives a citizenship after 3 years none. Except if you are extremely rich then yes it's possible.
These was the best exemple of the developp countries, if you go to france you're permanent resident card is for usually 10 years and you might be kicked out after the 10 years if they don't feel like extending it.

That being said it's obvious that Canada has no need to give citizenship too fast but focus on getting skilled workers faster for exemple since it's important to the economy.
At the end of the day the switch of permanent resident and citizen are a great new data base for political party and indeed the opposition parties which are the one that are seducing them
The best exemple again it's the post right now.
kisunja85 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 12:34pm
Guys, Mr. Karygiannis may not be able to help you, if you are not from Scarborough, because he is not your MP. 
Writing to Mr. Lamoreux is a good idea because he is one of the opposition critics. However, NDP is the official opposition, not Liberals, and they have more weight in the parliament. So I would cc your letter to Jinny Sims, official immigration critic, as well (http://www.parl.gc.ca/MembersOfParliament/ProfileMP.aspx?Key=170673&SubSubject=1001&Language=E) 
EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 12:34pm

They dont send RQ for fun , it's accurate and i'm pretty confident about it.
So maybe you know criteria and what type of applicant is guaranteed from getting it? We trying to figure it out here for months, but there's no pattern. Smile

And if there is pattern anywhere, in a lot of cases people have typical settlement stories, that's not enough to justify RQ and delay for additional 4 years in my opinion (in absence of definitive concerns about applicant and case).

Edited by EasyRider - 16 Jan 2013 at 12:35pm
kisunja85 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 12:41pm
Exactly. If you look at the risk indicators posted on this forum, you will see that some of them do not stand for fraud by themselves. Example: your ID was issued in less than 3 months. So, if I had my travel document renewed IN CANADA, through my consulate, just prior to submitting the citizenship application, would that make me a crook? Or the mere fact that my child was born outside of Canada? And how would I know that this is a problem in the first place, if it was not for on person who was kind enough to post the file requirement checklist on this forum? 
There were thousands of geniune applicants caught in the limbo, just because the Sydney officers likely applied those criteria mechanically, instead of looking at the whole picture. Now the citizenship process, which is supposed to be that sweet last step in your integration, turned into a humiliating lottery.  

Edited by kisunja85 - 16 Jan 2013 at 12:44pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
  Share Topic