Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Citizenship Delays in the News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vefabuyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 6:09pm

With the current bureucracy, I think even if the fees were gonna change, the changes will probably take more than 48 months to be in effect. :(

From the Phillipines. In Canada since 2003. Architect. Landed in 2008 March.
mightyman View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mightyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Wael55 Wael55 wrote:

Originally posted by mightyman mightyman wrote:

Originally posted by Wael55 Wael55 wrote:

Originally posted by Ottawa_2010 Ottawa_2010 wrote:

Originally posted by cvv31 cvv31 wrote:

I'd rather disagree.

Why would you pay MORE to be granted citizenship "faster" ? I think this is ethically wrong. Residency requirements and language requirements, make sense, but paying more to get what we are eligible for to start with, a little "faster" ? NO!

CIC should hire more staff or open more offices rather than closing ones. Why one individual pay more ?

I agree with dpenabill and the "doctor's comparison".

I would NEVER pay extra to get something I am rightly eligible just to get it faster. It doesn't make sense.

Well the application cost the goverment 555 $. Why would the tax payer pay the difference?

I don't agree with a fast track but I think we should pay what it actually cost and then expect a better service and time lines.

We have to look at it from a tax payer's standpoint. I don't think a taxpayer who doesn't have any applications with CIC would want cover the cost of a service I am receiving. Would you accept it?

I wholeheartedly agree with you Ottawa! Why would anyone of us demand that a Canadian citizen who has nothing to do with CIC foot the 455.00 Dollars difference? Had the fee to start with was 555.00 Dollars, would that have stopped anyone of us from applying for citizenship?  
You guys still don't get it. A NATION's CITIZENSHIP processing is probably the most important thing its government is obligated to complete without unreasonable delay. That's what taxes are for. It's not for buying billions dollar fighter planes from the US but for paying the bill for something like its citizenship processing. It's getting ridiculous!

Then if that is the case then even the original 100.00 Dollars should be waived mightyman! While we are at it, why not waive other government fees! In my opinion, and giving the large number of applicants, be it for citizenship or any other immigration service, it is only fair that we should assume some of our responsibilities. Now if you think such delay is systematic then this is a different story. I personally tend to believe the conservative party is for a smaller government and is ultra sensitive to its tax paying voting block. Giving such fact, they applied a 10% cut across the board and not only on CIC. Giving that fact, and if we wish to have a better service from a governing party that thinks it is a good idea to cut expenses, then a higher fee to allow for absorbing additional staff is a fair compromise to us, CIC and Canadian citizens. 

They expected this CIT app increase when they admitted tens of thousands of PRs, but they weren't doing anything. Like I said before, it's not about the money. Kenney is just floating this idea of increasing fees, and you guys are all clapping hands like little kids, not knowing there's a hidden agenda. I honestly don't think things will get much better with or without a fee increase. This is a money-crazy government that wants every penny out of you struggling immigrants!
vefabuyuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vefabuyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 6:18pm
Precisely.
vefabuyuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vefabuyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 6:19pm
Its about respect. I should say lack of
yrfalina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yrfalina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 6:24pm
I disagree with the above pessimistic assessment. Admitting immigrants and granting them the Canadian citizenship has been a well-established practice. The issue most forum members complain about is the slow processing times.
Wael55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wael55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by yrfalina yrfalina wrote:

processing). It's illogical to ask the general public to bear the burden!

I fully agree! By the way...Similar situation is now in place. People who wish for their Canadian passports to be put on a fast track are asked to pay extra fees.

Edited by Wael55 - 21 Jan 2013 at 6:25pm
Wael55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wael55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by vefabuyuk vefabuyuk wrote:

Its about respect. I should say lack of

So would you prefer to maintain your respect and wait for 4 years? Wink

Every service in this country, including essential services such as the TTC service I take to work everyday go through almost annual increases to reflect their budget shortfall. Keep in mind, this government is going through a more stringent due diligence process to filter out  fraudulent applicants which should be factored in the delay. 

I am not defending this government but willing to pay more for a better service.
vefabuyuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vefabuyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 6:39pm
I mean lack of respect from CIC to its future citizens. And yeah, TTC has the worst delays of all public transits across the world yet increase their fares all the time.
vefabuyuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vefabuyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 6:43pm
3 years to qualify + 2 years routine application+ 4 years RQ + 1 year judge hearig = 10 year is the ultimate and unjustifiable disrespect of all time.
vefabuyuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vefabuyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 6:48pm
"Progress comes from being willing to walk a mile in someone else's shoes"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic