Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Understanding ATIP reports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 49>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Rqcadet Rqcadet wrote:

Can somebody advise under which section in an GCMS report received thru ATIP can one see the reasons for RQ issued?

I have received my GCMS report , but unable to identify where the info about the RQ reasons ae hidden?

Hi Rqcadet: You can't tell the RQ reason from the GCMS. Your physical file and not the GCMS file may answer your question.
canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 11:24am
There have been reports of people stating that their GCMS report mentioned the reason for their RQ in the Notes section, I believe, or in Activities under "RQ issued". Those reports contrast with an equal number of those that say that the GCMS does not mention reasons for issuance of RQ. My own report falls into the latter category, which is the reason I submitted a privacy act inquiry, specifically asking to receive the criteria used in assessing my file and the exact reason the RQ was issued. You may want to do the same. 

"I would like to receive the electronic and physical files for my citizenship application (specify your client ID# and file #, as well as responsible CIC office). In addition, I would like to receive exact and specific information on the criteria used in deciding to impose Residence Questionnaire on my application. I would like to also receive a copy of the file requirements checklist for my application. My birthday date is ##/##/####. I wouldl ike to receive these files:
- if by email (enter your email address)
- if by mail (enter your mailing address)

I used the form TBC 350-58 to submit the request. You can download it here. 
Rqcadet View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rqcadet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 12:08pm
Thanks Green & canuck25.

I saw the word reasons only under 1 section i.e Activities wherein the Judge's decision shows- Pending and much below a few other deatils it says Reason- 0

I do not understand what that 0 stands for , whether it is the number zero or alphabet - O

Any clues if 0 stands for any risk /Triage indicators??? for RQ
greeen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Rqcadet Rqcadet wrote:

Thanks Green & canuck25.

I saw the word reasons only under 1 section i.e Activities wherein the Judge's decision shows- Pending and much below a few other deatils it says Reason- 0

I do not understand what that 0 stands for , whether it is the number zero or alphabet - O

Any clues if 0 stands for any risk /Triage indicators??? for RQ

The same REASONS: 0 I have in my ATIP????
Rqcadet View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rqcadet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 2:17pm
Hey Canuck25,

Regarding your query on whether the GCMS report should show the reason for RQ & Possible hearing required then , Look under the Location field in the Profiles section of your GCMS report for the following info-
If it says Type A then - Client did not pass the exam, or was a no show for the 2 nd exam or indicated they have special need
Type B- Criminality, fingerprints or court documents not provided after several requests
Type C- Residency Issues
Type D- Removal order is on file
Type F- Possible residence fraud

I observed this info in akella'a ATIP report which he had put on the forum in FEB 2013 under the topic - Cic delays what call centre agents see, look on pg 32 & 33 of this report

http://www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11754&title=current-cic-delays-what-call-centre-agents-see
canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 3:09pm
@Rqcadet,

Thanks for the tip - I did see that, but my Location field in the Profiles section doesn't mention any of these codes. It simply says "residence assessment>1094 days august 2012", which is 2 months after I got the RQ and if anything, but confirms that I meet the residency requirement. I am waiting on my privacy act request, which will hopefully provide the criteria they used and an insight into the reason they issued the RQ. 

What's also interesting, most people here who have RQs and have requested GCMS reports say that their notes section has an action for RQ requested, and RQ received. Mine only has the latter - again no mention of RQ in the GCMS at all, other than to say that my response was received.
akella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by canuck25 canuck25 wrote:

@Rqcadet,

Thanks for the tip - I did see that, but my Location field in the Profiles section doesn't mention any of these codes. It simply says "residence assessment>1094 days august 2012", which is 2 months after I got the RQ and if anything, but confirms that I meet the residency requirement. I am waiting on my privacy act request, which will hopefully provide the criteria they used and an insight into the reason they issued the RQ. 

What's also interesting, most people here who have RQs and have requested GCMS reports say that their notes section has an action for RQ requested, and RQ received. Mine only has the latter - again no mention of RQ in the GCMS at all, other than to say that my response was received.

Interesting! Does "residence assessment>1094 days august 2012" explicitly say "days" in it? I also had similar note in my file: "Residence assessment shelf > 1094 July 2012", but for some reason did not make a mental connection to the number of days, thought it is just a code.

I think I can answer the second part of your question (why no note on RQ request).  RQ issued by CPC-S all have this note ("RQ requested") as this is part of CPC-S standard procedure, but your RQ was issued at test time - so likely it is marked somewhere in the physical file / checklist, but officer did not bother entering a GCMS note.

canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 3:38pm
It doesn't say "days", but what else could "res assessment>1,094 august 2012" refer to :)? It has to be days given the comma after 1Smile

Thanks for the help on the second part of the question - perhaps you are right. 

Edited by canuck25 - 01 May 2013 at 3:38pm
akella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by canuck25 canuck25 wrote:

It doesn't say "days", but what else could "res assessment>1,094 august 2012" refer to :)? It has to be days given the comma after 1Smile

Thanks for the help on the second part of the question - perhaps you are right. 

No coma in my notes and I did not treat ">" as a "more" sign (thought of it as a divider). Anyway, I like your version better.
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 4:34pm
If this is what it appears to be, a reference to residency assessment greater than 1094 (as in at least 1095), my impression is that this would reflect the declared residency calculation, not an independent calculation, not a conclusive determination of residency. In other words, I doubt it confirms that the residency requirement is satisfied.

Indicators as to whether a hearing is required, and if so, what type (such as type C for residency issues or type F for possible residence fraud) will be a better indicator as to whether a determination has been made about whether or not the residency requirement has been met.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 49>
  Share Topic