Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Understanding ATIP reports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 49>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rqcadet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 12:30pm
Dear Akella,

The only closest date is under Document section whcih as mentioned earlier in my post says Certificate- 1, updated date- 2012/12/11 & status- Damaged in production.

Does this give you any other clue??/
akella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Rqcadet Rqcadet wrote:

Dear Akella,

The only closest date is under Document section whcih as mentioned earlier in my post says Certificate- 1, updated date- 2012/12/11 & status- Damaged in production.

Does this give you any other clue??/

No clue in the sense of what exactly happened - as whatever Feb 26, 2013 update is referring to - it is not showing up in this standard privacy report.  But my previous comment still stands - someone (a live person) actually touched your file, so this should be good.
canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 1:59pm
Hi folks,

This is actually a much needed thread given how many of us are requesting the notes. I've made two requests - for copies of the physical file, as well as the GCMS notes.  I was hoping to understand why I was RQed but neither document contained any relevant information. The copy of the physical file had 2 pages expunged, stating that they were not available due to section 20 or something like this.

The GCMS computer notes make no mention or reference to RQ issuance at all, other than noting that my response to the RQ was received by the local office. 

I called the CIC to ask whether the GCMS report should include a reason for RQ and was told that typically they have no visibility into, and we no access to, this information via GCMS notes requested under ATIP.

In addition, I was told that if any of your clearances (my FOSS Clearance Expiry is March 13 2013 and RCMP Clearance Expiry is March 28 2013) expire while the RQ is in process, they will need to be requested again, which will add further delay to the processing of the file. 

Edited by canuck25 - 28 Mar 2013 at 2:27pm
akella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by canuck25 canuck25 wrote:

The copy of the physical file had 2 pages expunged, stating that they were not available due to section 20 or something like this.

Yes, this would've been the useful part (risk indicators - as in mcm's post that has been quoted multiple times - he is the only one who was able to obtain those).

1. ACTIVITIES - CSIS Clearance and its sub-activity Request Security Clearance have blank Statuses. Is this normal?

Yes, they don't show the status / dates of CSIS Clearance.
Apparently, it can endanger national security.

2. CASES: my FOSS Clearance Expiry is March 13 2013 and RCMP Clearance Expiry is March 28 2013. Will the CIC need to request both of these clearance again while they are waiting to review the RQ and will this affect the process of the application?

Yes, they will have, but FOSS they are doing themselves (simple check) and RCMP/CSIS they are sending via batch requests from GCMS (~1 week to come back, unless there are issues).  So it should not affect processing.

canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 3:32pm
By the way, I just noticed something incredibly strange in my GCMS report. On page 1, in CASES section under "Responsible Officer" the information is as follows (some redacted by me for privacy reasons): 

Responsible Officer 1:
Created Date: 2004/08/14 15:35:08
Created By: SADMIN
Updated Date: 2006/03/08 08:58:22
Updated By: BXXXX
Primary: Y
User ID: B8096
Last Name: XXXX
First Name: XXXX
Responsible Office: St. Clair CIC

What surprised me was the Created by and Updated dates: in 2004 and 2006, respectively. That was long before I even applied for PR and had even visited Canada. Any idea what these dates refer to?
akella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 4:16pm

What surprised me was the Created by and Updated dates: in 2004 and 2006, respectively. That was long before I even applied for PR and had even visited Canada. Any idea what these dates refer to?

Just follow the tree. These are the dates when this officer's account in the system was created / updated.
greeen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 7:12pm
Hi dpenabill and others;

Today I've received my 2nd ATIP report. My test was on 12 March 2012 on which I was given my RQ. I had replied to RQ on 05 June 2012. The 1st ATIP listed the following

RECORD HEARING: NOT STARTED
SCHEDULE HEARING: NOT STARTED 

2ND ATIP:
UPDATED DATE: 2012/06/21
RECORD HEARING: NOT REQUIRED
SCHEDULE HEARING: NOT REQUIRED

Dose this means anything positive? Please your insight.

dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 10:29pm
Others are more familiar with the GCMS records than I am.

Much of the GCMS record is boilerplate. Those more familiar with them can better separate real information from the boilerplate stuff.

Because I lack that familiarity I am hesitant to offer what I think, but, for what it is worth (not a lot) I will offer this: I would ordinarily have a positive sense about this, as if perhaps it indicates the file will go to a CJ for a file review soon, but given the length of time that has elapsed already, it is not so clear in the abstract.

Think positive I guess, but patience may still be the order of the day.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
greeen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 7:20am
Originally posted by dpenabill dpenabill wrote:

Others are more familiar with the GCMS records than I am.

Much of the GCMS record is boilerplate. Those more familiar with them can better separate real information from the boilerplate stuff.

Because I lack that familiarity I am hesitant to offer what I think, but, for what it is worth (not a lot) I will offer this: I would ordinarily have a positive sense about this, as if perhaps it indicates the file will go to a CJ for a file review soon, but given the length of time that has elapsed already, it is not so clear in the abstract.

Think positive I guess, but patience may still be the order of the day.

dpenabill thank you.

Hi akella: You've received your GCMS also, Do you see any meaning or positive things in this? Please your comments

greeen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 12:27pm
Today I called the CIC. The nice rep. told me that my file is waiting for a judge review and that I should hear from them before the end of the year. This is the first time they don't give the 48 months thing. I don't know if what the rep gave me is a random answer or there are some basis to give me this timeframe!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 49>
  Share Topic