Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Understanding ATIP reports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 49>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walrus189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2014 at 3:42pm
Thanks Greeen and Canuck. My local office is Mississauga. ATIP shows that all clearances were renewed in April 2014 and are valid until April 2015 (and October 2015). There is not any note indicating that the review process was completed (shouldn't there be a note like that if the file being transferred for Oath). The most recent relevant note was in Dec 2013; "OB407-D Triage - case remains in residency queue." The note after that referred to my request of the first ATIP in August 2014.
Application: April 2012
Test: Feb 2013 RQ on test
RQ returned March 2013
canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 9:47am
If your last note refers to the OB 407 Triage then things are more or less clear. This note means that CIC reviewed your file to determine whether an RQ can be waived and application returned to normal processing. That does not appear to be the case and as such your application continues to be non-routine. I had actually 2 such notes on my file: the first one in Summer 2013 another one in December 2013. RQ was assessed in June 2014.

The logical next steps for your application are:
- RQ reviewed by a CIC officer, possibly as part of the RQ blitz exercise (if CIC still conducts these to clear the backlog of RQs)
- if RQ is satisfied, CIC will approve the application and send it onto the judge for what is called "paper review", which essentially means that the judge (in 99% of the cases) will concur with CIC's decision.
- After that your application will be transferred back to Mississauga for oath scheduling. Following approval this step can take 2-4 months.

There are two variables in your file still - it's unclear when the CIC will review the RQ and make a determination of whether your response satisfies the issues CIC identified in your application.

Your only choices at this point are to continue to wait and to periodically order GCMS reports via ATIP to see if there has been any progress. At this stage updates should be forthcoming, so I would suggest making ATIP requests every 3 months. Since your last one was in August, I would make another one right now.
walrus189 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walrus189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 11:45am
Thanks Canuck. My last ATIP was in early October and it shows file status "In Trasition". That was my original question. What does this status mean considering your explanation above? Thanks.
RQ returned March 2013
canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by walrus189 walrus189 wrote:

Thanks Canuck. My last ATIP was in early October and it shows file status "In Trasition". That was my original question. What does this status mean considering your explanation above? Thanks.
Most likely "In Transition" means the file has been or is in the process of being transferred - most likely between Mississauga, your home office, and CIC St. Clair which is the main office to review RQs.
walrus189 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walrus189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 2:21pm
Thanks Canuck. That is what I thought, but what confused me is that the responsible office on the file is already St. Claire. The file is on the Review Officer's Shelf since May. In addition, the note "to transfer the file to St. Claire for further review is dated July 2013." And the note on OB 407 in Dec 2013 is from St. Claire. I have already ordered another ATIP. I hope this time there will be more information since it has been two months since this ATIP was produced.
RQ returned March 2013
sansan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sansan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 4:49pm
Today we have received ATIP with note "file assigned to VM for review and analysis.PT" please advise
note created date is 04/11/2014
rgds
greeen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by sansan sansan wrote:

Today we have received ATIP with note "file assigned to VM for review and analysis.PT" please advise
note created date is 04/11/2014
rgds

Did they asked you for additional documents???
sansan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sansan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2014 at 4:59am
till today they have not asked for any documents but over the phone cic agent said that citizenship granted and file sent to mississauga office to schedule oath but on ATIO it is not saying anything
walrus189 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walrus189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2014 at 6:37am
Sansan; I recall you calling CIC a couple of days ago. The note on your ATIP is a month ago. Maybe it was reviewed during the month period and no concerns were found. Maybe you should give CIC another call.
RQ returned March 2013
greeen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2014 at 7:10am
Originally posted by sansan sansan wrote:

till today they have not asked for any documents but over the phone cic agent said that citizenship granted and file sent to mississauga office to schedule oath but on ATIO it is not saying anything

sansan- You received your ATIP as you said 10 Dec. this means that you submitted your request at least 30 days ago. This is because they always wait 30 days before they send the report. This means that you sent the request back around the 10th of November. You report was prepared on the 10-12 of November and ,therefore, does not have all the actions and events occured between the period of 10 Nov through 10 Dec. I (think) that your file was reviewed and approved in this period.

Why do you think the file was delayed??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 49>
  Share Topic