Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Understanding ATIP reports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 49>
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by sparkle sparkle wrote:

Could someone confirm:  i should make 2 requests, via email = electronic (GCMS report ), and CD = physical files on a CD? Thanks.
they are the same , just take electronic - faster
landed: May, 2003

applied: Dec04,2009

test/RQ: Feb15,2011 st.clair
2nd RQ: Aug 2014
Total waiting time to oath: 60,5 months :)= 5 years and 14 days
oath- Dec , 2014
greeny View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by greeny greeny wrote:

Originally posted by sparkle sparkle wrote:

Could someone confirm:  i should make 2 requests, via email = electronic (GCMS report ), and CD = physical files on a CD? Thanks.
they are the same , but, I think, one request per each,
 just take electronic - faster
landed: May, 2003

applied: Dec04,2009

test/RQ: Feb15,2011 st.clair
2nd RQ: Aug 2014
Total waiting time to oath: 60,5 months :)= 5 years and 14 days
oath- Dec , 2014
sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 6:33pm

1. For "location" the information says to enter the location where you sent the application, so I entered "Sydney NS", but now my file must be either Scarborough (where i wrote the test) or St. Clair. Was it ok to enter Sydney?

2. Also I realized my earlier question was a bit off. What I ended up doing was

making 2 requests both “via email” selected (as opposed to CD), and one request was for electronic files (meaning GCMS report??) and another request was for physical files. Is my understanding correct?

Thanks!      Embarrassed

Edited by sparkle - 01 Nov 2013 at 6:57pm
sparkle
Fedup2013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fedup2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 10:04pm
The Secret Language of Immigration

http://www.burstall.com/pdf/from-ships-manifest-to-GCMS.pdf

Guys!!  this is worth reading..

Download the article (21 pages) and understand your rights as Permanent Resident of Canada.

Cheers!

Simon

Edited by Fedup2013 - 01 Nov 2013 at 10:04pm
Landed Immigrant: Oct 2009
Sent Application: Mar 2013
In-process: Jun 2013
Received Letter: Jul 2013
File transferred to Mississauga Office: 15 Aug 2013
Written Test: 18 Jan 2014
Oath : 23 Jan 2014
Fedup2013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fedup2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 10:27pm

Canadian democracy at risk due to budget cut Clap

Suzanne Legault, Information Commissioner of Canada:

Federal institutions are taking too long to respond to information requests, and in some cases are not responding at all, which is a violation of the Access to Information Act. Angry

She Confirmed that her report contains cases of institutions not having enough staff to even acknowledge the receipt of access requests for six months. Other examples show the response time to requests can vary from a year-and-a-half to more than three years
Read and watch the recorded video on the CTVNews.ca (click on the above link)
Published Thursday, October 17, 2013

Edited by Fedup2013 - 01 Nov 2013 at 10:35pm
Landed Immigrant: Oct 2009
Sent Application: Mar 2013
In-process: Jun 2013
Received Letter: Jul 2013
File transferred to Mississauga Office: 15 Aug 2013
Written Test: 18 Jan 2014
Oath : 23 Jan 2014
mhasan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhasan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2013 at 8:58am
Originally posted by canuck25 canuck25 wrote:

CIC confirms receipt of your RQ (usually 2 months after you send it).

Hi canuck25: How does CIC confirm the receipt of RQ? Did you mean they add "RQ received" to the GCMS two months after receiving it? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Edited by mhasan - 23 Nov 2013 at 9:00am
canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2013 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by mhasan mhasan wrote:

CIC confirms receipt of your RQ (usually 2 months after you send it).

Hi canuck25: How does CIC confirm the receipt of RQ? Did you mean they add "RQ received" to the GCMS two months after receiving it? Thanks in advance for your reply.

There will be a note (most likely) in your GCMS report. You can confirm this by calling the call centre - the agent will be able to see when they received your RQ response. Keep in mind the received date, for the purpose of the conversation, is NOT the date it arrived at the CIC, but the date when someone got around to opening your package and added it to your file. My RQ was delivered in early August 2012, but wasn't "received" until September 2012.
mhasan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhasan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2013 at 8:50pm

There will be a note (most likely) in your GCMS report. You can confirm this by calling the call centre - the agent will be able to see when they received your RQ response. Keep in mind the received date, for the purpose of the conversation, is NOT the date it arrived at the CIC, but the date when someone got around to opening your package and added it to your file. My RQ was delivered in early August 2012, but wasn't "received" until September 2012.

Thanks, canuck25! I sent my completed RQ early in November 2012. Recently, a call centre agent confirmed that my local office received it but I didn't ask for the date though. I also requested the GCMS report for my file and waiting for it to arrive.
allyp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2013 at 10:34pm
Hi

I am applying for my ATIP report online. I have 2 questions

1) So I select under Privacy act or Access to Information Act.  Under Access to Information, is there any advantage.

2) Physical or electronic. I know physical will take longer. Last time (around a year ago) I had requested electronic, was quite fast. Will it better to get physical this time.  Are there any disadvantageous to order physical like delay in processing my application.

3) I guess if I order physical,  I will also get a copy of the GCMS like I got last time i.e. electronic and do not have to put a separate request.

Thank you for your reply

canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by allyp allyp wrote:

Hi
I am applying for my ATIP report online. I have 2 questions
1) So I select under Privacy act or Access to Information Act.  Under Access to Information, is there any advantage.
2) Physical or electronic. I know physical will take longer. Last time (around a year ago) I had requested electronic, was quite fast. Will it better to get physical this time.  Are there any disadvantageous to order physical like delay in processing my application.
3) I guess if I order physical,  I will also get a copy of the GCMS like I got last time i.e. electronic and do not have to put a separate request.
Thank you for your reply

1. There is no advantage, the only difference being the $5 cost
2. Physical files are actual scans of the binder/folder that sits at your local CIC office. Electronic files are printouts of your application progress from the GCMS (global case management system). The physical files will likely not reveal anything new, but the GCMS report will show information that typically is not available anywhere else, such as notes entered on yoru file, etc...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 49>
  Share Topic