Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Understanding ATIP reports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 49>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kesacophedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Understanding ATIP reports
    Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 7:39pm
Hi everyone,
Just thought of starting this thread about how to help one another understand ATIP reports. I requested what was supposed to be my electronic file on 12/07/2102 and today I received an email with a PDF attachment. There are approximately 19 pages but it seems there is nothing of interest that would help me understand why I got rd'ed or even know what the next step will be. I am even wondering whether I requested the right info. Anyways, on top of each page it says "GCMS Information Request". Is that what I was supposed to receive? 
App sent 04/26/11...Ack. Letter Sent 05/04/11...RQ recv'd 06/11/12, ...RQ docs rec'ved by CIC july 19/12....Trx 2 Local CIC 06/21/12...Test invitation sent 02/14 for March 1...Oath on May 31/13
SARABC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SARABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 1:34am
Hi,
I requested mine December 3rd and have not received anything yet. I'll share the info once I get it.
Sarah
Applied Feb7th,2012 (Family of 4)
In Process Oct4th,2012
Husband RQ & finger print November 2012
File separated from husband August 2013
Hubby test Oct. 2013
MY test Dec. 2013
Joint oath March 2014

SK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 10:19am
Originally posted by kesacophedo kesacophedo wrote:

Hi everyone,
Just thought of starting this thread about how to help one another understand ATIP reports. I requested what was supposed to be my electronic file on 12/07/2102 and today I received an email with a PDF attachment. There are approximately 19 pages but it seems there is nothing of interest that would help me understand why I got rd'ed or even know what the next step will be. I am even wondering whether I requested the right info. Anyways, on top of each page it says "GCMS Information Request". Is that what I was supposed to receive? 

Seems you only asked for electronic files .....ask for all file including physical and electronic.....what you would have got would be just screen shots and database records...

following ATIp link here and you shall know more...
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 1:13pm
Hi

Originally posted by SK SK wrote:

Originally posted by kesacophedo kesacophedo wrote:

Hi everyone,

Seems you only asked for electronic files .....ask for all file including physical and electronic.....what you would have got would be just screen shots and database records...

following ATIp link here and you shall know more...

You know that requesting the physical file will slow the processing? It won't contain much more than the CGMS file, other than documents you submitted. The physical file has to be pulled, photocopied, and reviewed by an ATIP officer, before before sent to you.
PMM
vefabuyuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vefabuyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 1:16pm
1. It wont slow processing.
2. It wont contain any info you already dont know.
From the Phillipines. In Canada since 2003. Architect. Landed in 2008 March.
Rqcadet View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rqcadet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 11:36am
Hi all,
Needed help to understand my ATIP report received recently. Looks like CIC has made this option also difficult for us to understand our own reports. The reports has only info on updated by & created by info in code form. And also info only on the text of the letter sent to me in form of RQ. Test shows passed,

But point of confusion is the following info which I am unable to understand:

Cases
Updated Date- 2013/02/26 13.14.33
case stage- Assess - DOES IT MEAN AN OFFICER HAS MY FILE FOR ASSESSMENT???
Case status- Open
Concurrent-N - WHAT IS THE MEANING???
Foss clearance expiry- 2012/07/25
RCMP Clearance expiry - 2012/08/09

Profiles
Updated - 2012/12/17
Holder- RC-3275 -- WHAT DOES THIS NO. SIGNIFY????
PRIORITY- 2-Medium- DOES IT SIGNIFY ANYTHING???
Retention Period- 6 -- DOES IT MEAN anything??? MY FILE WILL BE KEPT FOR 6 MONTHS OR 6 YEARS AND Where & FOR WHAT????
Description- 6 digit no-tt i.e. XXXXXX-tt - DOES IT GIVE ANY indication what it means???

Document
Electronic Document
Certificate:- 1
Updated date- 2012/12/11
Type- Certificate - WHICH CERT IS THIS???? My Citizenship Cert????
Status- Damaged in Production -   What does this mean???? Are they delaying me because of this????????

Please somebody reponse to this query of mine.

akella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Rqcadet Rqcadet wrote:

Hi all,
Needed help to understand my ATIP report received recently. Looks like CIC has made this option also difficult for us to understand our own reports. The reports has only info on updated by & created by info in code form. And also info only on the text of the letter sent to me in form of RQ. Test shows passed,

But point of confusion is the following info which I am unable to understand:

See below

Cases
case stage- Assess - DOES IT MEAN AN OFFICER HAS MY FILE FOR ASSESSMENT???

Likely not, it is a generic status, essentially equivalent to "In Process".

Concurrent-N - WHAT IS THE MEANING???

There are no other concurrent applications from you in progress.

Updated - 2012/12/17
Holder- RC-3275 -- WHAT DOES THIS NO. SIGNIFY????

Office code, that your file was assigned to. I have the same office & code and it is St.Clair.

PRIORITY- 2-Medium- DOES IT SIGNIFY ANYTHING???
Retention Period- 6 -- DOES IT MEAN anything??? MY FILE WILL BE KEPT FOR 6 MONTHS OR 6 YEARS AND Where & FOR WHAT????

Generic priority & retention period. Do not mean anything special.

Description- 6 digit no-tt i.e. XXXXXX-tt - DOES IT GIVE ANY indication what it means???

Goes together with physical file location and must mean something for CIC from their internal process perspective (though not necessarily for you). In my case (RQ on file),
Description: 2012 month - RQ-CPCS

Type- Certificate - WHICH CERT IS THIS???? My Citizenship Cert????

Yes (if it is in certificate preparation section).

Status- Damaged in Production -   What does this mean???? Are they delaying me because of this????????

Unlikely (unless you think that your oath would have happened this week otherwise). They moved to plain paper citizenship certs anyway, so I believe these days they can just re-print a certificate themselves.

Hope this helps.

Edited by akella - 28 Mar 2013 at 11:58am
akella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote akella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Rqcadet Rqcadet wrote:

Cases

I almost missed the most important part - look through the timestamps on the events and notes and see which one has the update date close to this one - they updated your record with something. It might be a technicality (i.e. a supervisor going through the files, or system going through the records in batch and updating something, etc.), but otherwise - someone touched your file.
If the user code there is not SADMIN, then it is likely not the system, but rather a warm body. (which I believe is good news for you - at least, it is moving somewhere)
Rqcadet View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rqcadet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 12:22pm
You made my day Akella, by quoting that if it is not SAdmin then there is posibility some live officer has touched the file.

It is showing updated date as Feb 26, 2013, time 13.14.33 and the Updated by column shows DXXXX (4 digit no) and not SAdmin

Regarding the XXXXXX-tt description query , the location for me is blank. There is no info. Only the nos. are 201637-tt . I hope it does not mean check RQ in 2016. I have submitted my Rq mine in Nov 2011 & the initial application in 2010. If you calculate 6 yrs from 2010, then 2016 is the number. Oh my God!!! I hope this is not the intepretation of this no.

But still you are a STAR!!! Thank you for yr assistance.

Rqcadet View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rqcadet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 12:27pm
Dear Akella,

Sorry forgot to look a the events & notes column. The Notes column shows the last update of my RQ received i.e. Nov 28, 2011 & the Events shows last updated date of Nov 08, 2011, about my Citizenship test which says completed.

Does the new updated date of FEB 26, 2013 have any relevance still???
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 49>
  Share Topic