Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Residency Questionnaire Recipients Action Plan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CeCe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 3:11am
Originally posted by Mary Chad Mary Chad wrote:

@CeCe what lawyer quoted me" as far as applicant meets citizenship requirement And over 1095 days of physical
Presence it's close to impossible for judge to decline specially if we go for class action where we have xx numbers
Of applicants in same situation"
I am 100% confident about my case and willing to put in $$
Yes we are seeing lots of activity now on twitter and it should help us all, I am getting
Support from key ppl's like liberals, lawyers,media critics remember we are only week old:)
So show your presence on twitter I m there to retweet u ALL:)

So the lawyer has indicated the case for PRs in a class action is strong? That is good to hear....

Sorry, I didn't mean to put down your efforts. I am very impressed by them -- especially since it is just one week in. The main point of my post was to say that I do not trust Kenney. It is my personal opinion that he is currently laying the groundwork for a future campaign for a higher political office. As you saw in the comment section of the recent Star article, there is – unfortunately – quite a bit of anti-immigrant feeling. His actions thus make him a hero to the many Canadians, and potential cost to him is low as we immigrants are too small in number for our votes to matter (unless we all voted as one, which we are unlikely to).

In my opinion, we are the perfect foil for him to burnish his “tough guy” credentials for that future campaign. What’s a few years of inconveniencing your lives if it may result a “Prime Minister Kenney”? Again, this is just my personal opinion.

Back to the forum topic, though. I keep talking about the law because it is designed to address inequities implemented by the majority, or by those in power.

Edited by CeCe - 26 Jan 2013 at 3:34am
Roca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 5:38am
CeCe, I understand you! Besides the First Nations, who else is not an immigrant in this country? Sometimes the comments on these articles make me puke, coming from people that I want to blend in with, hang out with, say hi to in the morning!

Canada is my home now and I will be my home forever! 
Citizenship App mailed: Jan 22 2013
Test & RQ: Oct 23 2013 (Mississauga)
- Received letter for oath on April 30
Wael55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wael55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 11:23am
Originally posted by peter95 peter95 wrote:

LAWYER NAME IS  "GREEN AND SPIEGEL LLP" TORONTO PHONE # 416-862-7880 THIS IS WELL KNOWN LAW FIRM DEAL IN IMMIGRATION. ALSO I WANT TO MAKE OR JOIN ANY GROUP WHO WANT TO TAKE THIS MATTER TO COURT. I CAN PROVE MY RESIDENCY . I HAVE SUBMITTED MY DOCUMENTS NOW IT IS CIC TURN TO OPEN UP MY FILE. THEY CAN NOT SIT ON MY FILE FOR 48 MONTHS. 

Hello Peter,

Are you in contact with this particular law firm? if so, we need to know the following:

1- Are they willing? 
2- How long will it take? and 
3- How much?

I am all for it and willing to pay way more than my share. 
peter95 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 11:36am

Edited by peter95 - 10 Mar 2013 at 8:38pm
Wael55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wael55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by espn103 espn103 wrote:

Only prob with wael55 is that if I remember correctly that he lost his passport ...that's y he is struck on RQ..correct me bro if I'm wrong

Hi espn. I did not lose my passport. As a son of a Palestinian who was a refugee, we were given temporary travel documents by the Jordanian government these travel documents do not stipulate a Jordanian citizenship, they are merely a  way to legalize your presence in Jordan for those who are in Jordan to to facilitate your travel if you are out. these travel documents are only valid for two years (In some cases for one year depending on the mood of the Jordanians). The Jordanian government has the option to refuse renewal of such document should they deem that the residential status of the holder is permanent in one country or another. In 2002, I was informed by the Jordanians that, based on their convection that I am permanently settled in Canada, they informed me that I am no longer entitled for a renewed one should mine expire.  

When I tried to explain that to the officer, she drew a blank face. Smile

Edited by Wael55 - 26 Jan 2013 at 12:18pm
Wael55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wael55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 12:31pm

Originally posted by Wael55 Wael55 wrote:

LAWYER NAME IS  "GREEN AND SPIEGEL LLP" TORONTO PHONE # 416-862-7880 THIS IS WELL KNOWN LAW FIRM DEAL IN IMMIGRATION. ALSO I WANT TO MAKE OR JOIN ANY GROUP WHO WANT TO TAKE THIS MATTER TO COURT. I CAN PROVE MY RESIDENCY . I HAVE SUBMITTED MY DOCUMENTS NOW IT IS CIC TURN TO OPEN UP MY FILE. THEY CAN NOT SIT ON MY FILE FOR 48 MONTHS. 

Hello Peter,

Are you in contact with this particular law firm? if so, we need to know the following:

1- Are they willing? 
3- How much?

Not yet but this firm charge the consultation fees. Best way to contact him by e-mail to know what he can do. 

If you would be so kind to send them an email. The most important issue is the time frame. I am sure, giving how important this issue is, many of us will be more than willing to pay their modest share or even more should the need arise. 
ymax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ymax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 2:19pm
I'll be the first to donate, paypal could be the fastest way

Originally posted by peter95

LAWYER NAME IS "GREEN AND SPIEGEL LLP" TORONTO PHONE # 416-862-7880 THIS IS WELL KNOWN LAW FIRM DEAL IN IMMIGRATION. ALSO I WANT TO MAKE OR JOIN ANY GROUP WHO WANT TO TAKE THIS MATTER TO COURT. I CAN PROVE MY RESIDENCY . I HAVE SUBMITTED MY DOCUMENTS NOW IT IS CIC TURN TO OPEN UP MY FILE. THEY CAN NOT SIT ON MY FILE FOR 48 MONTHS.

Edited by ymax - 26 Jan 2013 at 2:20pm
CIC Office: Mississauga
Recieved by mail: May 2009
Online Status: Nov 2009
Recieved ACK: Nov 2009
Proces Start: Feb 2010
Transf May 2010
Test Nov 18 2010
RQ trasf St Clair Nov 2012
Oath Oct 2013
Wael55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wael55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 2:33pm
First step is to gather as many RQ recipients as possible. The ideal number is a 1000 who are willing to walk the walk by donating 200.
Second step would be to create a logistical committee with sub committees such as financial, public relations and advocacy and legal
Third step is to create a trust account. Most legal firms, including the ones we might seek will suggest few. The objective of the trust service is to act as an independent body with the mandate of collecting the donations and dispersing them according to our legal and public relation needs.

I suggest we keep this thread active to allow others to join. 

If we do not stand for our rights, no one will. We are all in the same boat and face the same challenges.

Yours,

Wael

Vancan2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vancan2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 5:11pm

Hello Peter,

1- Are they willing? 
3- How much?

Not yet but this firm charge the consultation fees. Best way to contact him by e-mail to know what he can do. 

If you would be so kind to send them an email. The most important issue is the time frame. I am sure, giving how important this issue is, many of us will be more than willing to pay their modest share or even more should the need arise. 

Wael, you should be able to obtain a travel document by Canada. Check out the following link. Not to say that this is an excuse for you to not get your citizenship application processed in a timely manner. Look for certificate of identity in that link.

http://www.ppt.gc.ca/pptc/documents.aspx
Vancouver S03/12 L03/12 IP11/12 RQ 03/13 XFER 03/13 Currently In Process
Wael55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wael55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 5:34pm
You are correct but it is only valid for one trip and one destination. Our team is making an average of one trip every two weeks. The funny part is that I have a hotline with them over Skype telling them what to do instead of me being their overseeing the operation.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
  Share Topic