Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Residency Questionnaire Recipients Action Plan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wael55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Residency Questionnaire Recipients Action Plan
    Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 3:28pm
Residency Questionnaire Recipients Action Plan

Dear all, 

As we are all aware, thousands upon thousands of us were recklessly handed what is called a "Residency Questionnaire" form by ill educated CIC officers. The end result is, and in many cases, was a complete halt to our social and economical lives which went as far as some people being demoted or even losing their career as a result. It is very clear what is happening to us is little known to the media, political and legal systems here in Canada. I have spoken to many seasoned immigration legal advisers who did not even know such form even existed, never mind the length of time it takes for recipients of such form to meet with a judge. Thousands upon thousands of us fell through the cracks so to speak and almost forgotten by the legal and political system. What compounded the tragedy is the lack of an accountability regime which could monitors the performance of such department and holds them accountable for any lack of. That is in addition to the lack of re-course channels for people who were mistakenly and recklessly handed such infamous form. 

We are law abiding, taxpaying permanent residents of Canada. Yes there are many people who abused and cheated the system but not us. We have been here all along, working hard to support our families while calling Canada our home. 

We are not asking for a special treatment nor are we asking CIC to revise such decision relating to the Residency Questionnaire form. We understand that Canada should stand firm against fraudulent applicants who do not deserve to call this country their home. What we are asking for is to treat us humanly and fairly, we are asking this country who we called home to appreciate, and act upon easing, our suffering and pain.

It is outrageous that a first class country like Canada informs its people that their lives will continue to be in a bureaucratic quagmire for a period of four years. This is a virtual punishment levied upon good people who do not deserve it. 

As for us here, we all know that we have tried everything from calling our own MPs, to hiring immigration legal advisers to calling CIC helpline hoping for a different result. It has been said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. We all know that CIC has made every attempt to block any accountability of their indifferent actions. We are not here to blame CIC or blame the overwhelmed citizenship judges. We are here to demand a solution and actions from government's top brass who do not consider us as voting Canadian citizens and therefore there is no harm in neglecting us. Whoever is enforcing such mistreatment upon us know that the thousands upon thousands of us are geographically fragmented and possibly complacent and intimidated and they are counting on us to stay that way.

We all know that if we do not act as a one united front, each one of us will have to face this Goliath alone. No one, no external authority is willing to help or even know about us. We need to unite and we need to think as one front. We all know this issue is the most important one in our lives yest we are hoping  if we keep our mouths shut, such bureaucrats might feel sorry for us and treat us fairly.

In a previous thread titled "RESIDENCE QUESTIONNAIRE" posted in a different forum, I suggested the following:

Giving the fact that this issue is the most important issue in our lives, and giving the fact that we are held hostages by a bunch of bureaucrats who do not care about us and our pain, I suggest from here to create committees to include the following:

1- lobbying committee to organize meetings with opposition parties' MPs  and other community and social groups. This committee is the most important and it will be in charge of creating a database for all RQ recipients and in which conservative MP riding. Upon compiling a list of such recipients, we will determine which conservative MP riding has the highest number or RQs. These recipients, with the help of the lobbying committee will organize sub committees to reach out to the said MP with one message and one message only, "Our Canadian relatives and friends in your riding will remember you come next election should your fellow MP (Mr. Kenny) does not address such gross, inhumane and undemocratic delay. When the MP sees that there is a potential of him/ her losing hundreds, and possibly thousands, of votes, that MP will move in our favor;
2- Media committee to keep on hammering the media and demanding CIC answer us;
3- Financial committee to raise fund for a potential class action law suite against CIC and media advertisements to spread the message  (If each one of the thousands of people on RQ donate CAD$ 200.00, we will be able to hire the best Immigration law firm(s) to take our class action law suite); and
4- a committee to organize protests in front of all major CIC centers 

As a result, I have received a positive feedback from two forum participants. WE NEED MORE...WAAAAAAY MORE! Together, we will prevail but we must stand up.

Every action I proposed is a civil action within our democratic right as taxpaying permanent residents. We should continue our escalation until Mr. Kenney here us.

The first and most crucial step toward our success is gathering as many RQ recipients as we can. If we succeed in that, we will move to the next step of holding nationwide meetings which will produce the committees mentioned above, revise such committees or add to it. 

This thread is intended to gather as many people as possible. I am asking all of the people who see this thread to take the following steps:

1- reply back;
2- Explain briefly how long has he been waiting for a Judge's meeting?;
3- What course of action he/she followed?; and
4- Which province, city and riding does he or she/ reside in?

That would be a very good start which will allow us to build on.

It is very important for all of us to know that sitting idol hoping for others to take action on their behalf is not going to get us anywhere and the status que will continue...This is your live as much as it is mine.

Yours truly,

Wael
Wael55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wael55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 3:29pm
I'll Start by myself.

I reside in Toronto, Ontario and my MP is Mr. Mark Adler. I submitted my RQ on June 2010. CIC acknowledged receipt of my form on July 2010

To be able to find who your MP is, you could go to google and type who is my MP. The first result will lead you to a website page where you could enter your postal code, which will direct you to your MP

Best regards,

Wael

Edited by Wael55 - 05 Jan 2013 at 3:34pm
Clayton View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clayton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 3:59pm
Strongly support you, Wael55! 
If CIC hires more employee to process all the cases including our pre-test RQ, better service from CIC will makes every one happy including all applicants, then we will feel so happy and proud of this country!  This is so simple reason for this government (C. Party) to understand!  But now, CIC makes everything slow & it seems dark, it also seems to all of us CIC regards every applicant as bad guy, it is no fair, we are common working people, taxpayers!!  CIC, please go ahead with our RQ cases including pre-test RQ cases, and do not let our RQ files sit in the corner for dust!!!!  All the documents for RQ are from our warm hearts!!!! 

Every body knows if you cut off the employee in the public service departments, poor service and terrible delay will increase and cause so many people complains so as to hate you and never like you again which effects your future election (2015), but I do not know if our dear CIC leaders Know this. 

My MP is Geoff, west Halifax, NS

Edited by Clayton - 05 Jan 2013 at 4:02pm
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 6:21pm

Quote WaeI55:
Quote As we are all aware, thousands upon thousands of us were recklessly handed what is called a "Residency Questionnaire" form by ill educated CIC officers.

The premise is not true.

There is no evidence that CIC officers are "ill educated" at all. The opposite is far more likely.

There is no indication that RQs were "recklessly" handed out. In contrast, there is a lot of evidence that RQs were handed out according to a defined list of "risk indicators." Those indicators may be broader than what many think is reasonable, so one might argue that many RQs are unnecessary and arguably unreasonable. There is, however, no hint whatsoever that they have been handed out "recklessly."

And, there is no indication that RQ has been given to "thousands upon thousands." Thousands is feasible. Perhaps probable. But we do not really know. Thousands upon thousands is unlikely. But, again, we do not really know. In all the forums I know where this stuff is discussed, all the reported RQs total no more than a couple hundred or so. This covers applicants spanning multiple years. This includes more than a few duplicates (both those participating in multiple forums and those who post under multiple user IDs in forums like this one -- yes we have a few here, of course, this is the Internet). This includes the vague references to reports by some that they "saw" RQ being handed to thirty or forty other people at test sessions. (In contrast, we see that between its inception in August 2011 and sometime prior to March 2012, the total number of RQs handed out due to a call into the Fraud tip line totalled less than 72 . . . 72 being the total number of applicants and citizens investigated further in following up over 7000 called in tips.)

By the way, for those who employ a similar approach in reporting information generally, and those who employ a similar approach in reporting information in their applications to government bodies like CIC, well, duh, it is easy to predict why questions are raised, doubts arise. There are practical reasons why honesty is the better policy.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
compliance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote compliance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 8:59pm
Support you, Wael55!

I reside in Toronto. St.Clair office handles my RQ case which was submitted on Jan 2012. When I ask them in Aug.2012, they told me it takes st.clair office 12-18 months to process the RQ cases. Now they told us it will take 48 months. ridiculous!

My MP: Bob Rae
Vancan2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vancan2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 3:46am
A Facebook page would be so much more effective. Don't have experience with this but certainly think it would be better. Privacy is of course an issue, but at this point I don't think the folks interested have much to lose.
Vancouver S03/12 L03/12 IP11/12 RQ 03/13 XFER 03/13 Currently In Process
Wael55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wael55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 1:39pm

Originally posted by dpenabill dpenabill wrote:

[quote]

The premise is not true. 

There is no evidence that CIC officers are "ill educated" at all. The opposite is far more likely. 

I am not here to argue dpenabill for it is extremely useless, but in my case, my interviewer was definitely ill educated. She did not know the meaning of the term "Stateless", and did not know that my Jordanian passport is nothing but a temporary travel document valid for 2 years and could be cancelled any time the Jordanian government decides to.

Quote There is no indication that RQs were "recklessly" handed out. In contrast, there is a lot of evidence that RQs were handed out according to a defined list of "risk indicators." Those indicators may be broader than what many think is reasonable, so one might argue that many RQs are unnecessary and arguably unreasonable. There is, however, no hint whatsoever that they have been handed out "recklessly." 

Yes they were! In a case of a friend of mine, he was handed out an RQ after he informed the interviewer he has lost his PR card and that he was applying for a new one.

That “reckless” behavior of not bothering to follow up with her fellow staff about my friend’s PR status is going to push my friend’s life 4 years back.

Quote And, there is no indication that RQ has been given to "thousands upon thousands." Thousands is feasible. Perhaps probable. But we do not really know. Thousands upon thousands is unlikely. But, again, we do not really know. In all the forums I know where this stuff is discussed, all the reported RQs total no more than a couple hundred or so. This covers applicants spanning multiple years. This includes more than a few duplicates (both those participating in multiple forums and those who post under multiple user IDs in forums like this one -- yes we have a few here, of course, this is the Internet). This includes the vague references to reports by some that they "saw" RQ being handed to thirty or forty other people at test sessions. (In contrast, we see that between its inception in August 2011 and sometime prior to March 2012, the total number of RQs handed out due to a call into the Fraud tip line totalled less than 72 . . . 72 being the total number of applicants and citizens investigated further in following up over 7000 called in tips.) 

We have no proof to the contrary dpenabill. That is why I proposed creating a database to get to the bottom of it. My assumption is valid giving the wide parameters she used to arrive to her decision and her lack of education of my background as a stateless applicant, and I am sure many others. Also, you have assumed that many people here use multiple handles, that might be true but it is unfair to generalize on the vast majority of people on this forum. We are not here in a chit-chat forum, everyone of us decided to join this group after totally giving up on the system. Furthermore, your premises that the RQ has been around since August, 2011 is also wrong. I was handed an RQ in July, 2010, a year and one month before the date you have indicated, unless you are talking about the fraud helpline and not the RQs.

Bottom-line; let us use this area to determine how many RQs are out there! I know of 2 other close friends and relatives. This is not a small number.

Bottom line again, anyone with an RQ who thinks that it is safe for him/ her to build and grow in this country and continue with life as normal better think again! Your life is on hold with all of the literal meaning of that word until a judge decides otherwise.

Edited by Wael55 - 06 Jan 2013 at 2:27pm
Wael55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wael55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Vancan2012 Vancan2012 wrote:

A Facebook page would be so much more effective. Don't have experience with this but certainly think it would be better. Privacy is of course an issue, but at this point I don't think the folks interested have much to lose.

I am for facebook but you are correct about the privacy issue. 

Edited by Wael55 - 06 Jan 2013 at 1:51pm
kisunja85 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kisunja85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 2:08pm
It is possible to create a "closed" group on FB, so that it is not visible for outer public, and members can only be added by existing members. I am a member of such groups, but I am not sure how to create them.

Edited by kisunja85 - 06 Jan 2013 at 2:09pm
Wael55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wael55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by kisunja85 kisunja85 wrote:

It is possible to create a "closed" group on FB, so that it is not visible for outer public, and members can only be added by existing members. I am a member of such groups, but I am not sure how to create them.

I am in the same boat you are kisunja85. Can anyone with a facebook background help.

The bottom line. We have the resolve and now we need the numbers. A true and reflective number of how many of us are out there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic